Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

what would you like?

On 14 Aug 2009 at 4:29pm Happy shopper wrote:
just wondering what do you think lewes is missing what shops would you like to see in town?

On 14 Aug 2009 at 4:56pm Spongebob wrote:
We need a balance of all different shops. Sadly the balance is tipped towards the "snobs" in this town.
We need a saturday market. I'm not talking about the Frog one or the farmers one....they sell over priced crap that is synonymous with this town. We need a good old fashioned fruit and veg stall, a decent butchers and fish mongers to rival the ones in the high street and some stalls that sell clothes....both cheap and expensive.
We need a decent pound shop, we need an Iceland, a Primark and/or peacocks and a budget shoe shop.

On 14 Aug 2009 at 6:56pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'd like Wyndhams shoeshop, the car place in Friars Walk and Cliffe bookshop back, please!
We desperately need a decent bookshop. Amazon's fine, but you can't browse and buy what grabs you in the first few pages.
A proper greengrocer at the bottom of town would be nice, and a bakers at the top end. A camping shop would be good, and the former Elphicks shop would be the ideal premises for it.
An electrical wholesaler, so we don't have to pay exorbitant Homebase prices.
And a Sainsburys on the county hall site, so that Tesco has some competition and people at the western end of town don't have to schlep through the town centre to get to a supermarket.

On 14 Aug 2009 at 6:58pm SHS wrote:
This is an unusual and refreshing topic, glad to see someone raise it at last. Perhaps we could broaden the discussion to include Tesco?

On 14 Aug 2009 at 7:31pm Rozzer wrote:
Miracle of miracles - you're both right Spongebob and Annette.

On 14 Aug 2009 at 7:49pm Spongebob wrote:
Oh thank you so much Rozzer...let's hail the god Rozzer.
Sycophant

On 14 Aug 2009 at 8:25pm yum wrote:
A good english take a way jacket potatos roast etc

On 15 Aug 2009 at 7:41am grumpy trader wrote:
have you ever thought whilst you were spending your hard earnt in, brighton, eastbourne, crawley, if i kept the money in lewes we might still have all theses lost shops, just a thought,

On 15 Aug 2009 at 10:59am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
A budget shoe shop? I thought we had one of those, or is Stead & Simpsons too pricey for you, Spongebob?

On 16 Aug 2009 at 8:22am 40 something wrote:
A market would be great, like the Haywards Heath Market that everyone with hangovers used to go to on a Sunday mornings. There are too many silly overpriced shops in Lewes and I don't know how and why they manage to keep going. A Co-op shop where Woollies used to be would be great. A MacDonalds for the kids - lets face it, teenagers just don't do Costa, no matter how snobbified their parents try to make them. And a pound shop where I bought a tape cassette that you plug your ipod into and it plays in any cassette player. I have a radio cassette player in my car but at least I know no-one's gonna try and break in and nick it!
And one of those shops where you can take your stuff in and they buy it from you and then sell it on.

On 16 Aug 2009 at 9:22pm Chuck wrote:
Somewhere to buy a bra for which I don't need a mortgage.

On 16 Aug 2009 at 10:13pm Squidward wrote:
A lovely big Karen Millen, Can't buy anything to wear for work in Lewes.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:132
Harveys

What is it with some people?
With their kid's education at stake, this numpty thinks it's a good idea to ask complete strangers... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy