Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

war memorial

On 28 May 2011 at 8:03am p.c wrote:
whats going on with the war memorial
it looks a mess !

On 28 May 2011 at 3:43pm bastian wrote:
it is a mess,apparently these cleaners are experts,known for cleaning chi cathedral but look at the stains we have been left with its horrible.
On 28 May 2011 at 10:27pm Asif wrote:
War memorials are a commemoration and glorification of violence and should be removed.

On 29 May 2011 at 10:14am Billy Goat Gruff wrote:
Obvious Troll is obvious

On 29 May 2011 at 3:41pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Just been up to look.Appalling! Call themselves experts? Do hope it is in hand to be put right.

On 29 May 2011 at 5:22pm bastian wrote:
not from what I have heard,it's considered job done

On 29 May 2011 at 6:20pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Good grief! Really?A disgrace if so.

On 31 May 2011 at 8:41am Taff wrote:
It really does look shabby doesnt it. Whoever has signed that off as completed satisfactory needs to reconsider.
Asif........no further comment!

On 31 May 2011 at 10:15am Clifford wrote:
Blimey Asif, I'm a bit of a lefty but I've never seen war memorials as anything other than a memorial to the poor blighters killed in war: and that goes for British, French, German, Italian, Russian etc memorials. I'd insult the people who start wars, not the people who die in them.

On 31 May 2011 at 10:26am giveitarest wrote:
Exactly Clifford. Maybe if there were ten times as many war memorials, the electorate might give any government which wanted to start a war much shorter shrift.

On 31 May 2011 at 4:37pm old sod wrote:
does this come under the town council or lewes distric council .

On 31 May 2011 at 6:08pm Sylvia wrote:
Lewes Town Council is responsible. They can't manage anything well, look at the state of some of the allotments they allow to grow wall to wall weeds on, instead of throwing bad tenants off.

On 1 Jun 2011 at 3:58pm bastian wrote:
don't get me started on allotments,I don't have a garden or an allotment

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 108:132
Southover Grange and Gardens

I was quite fond of the guy. But Boris is, of course, behind the serious over-coverage; it is a welcome distraction from travel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa