Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

veg

On 30 Jan 2009 at 5:17pm tom artoe wrote:
I wonder if someone will ever open a greengrocer's shop in the Cliffe end of town?
I like Tesco's and I like Bill's, but a good, traditional, reasonably priced even - gasp - non-organic grocer's shop would be marvellous.

On 30 Jan 2009 at 5:23pm Mystic Mog wrote:
In the meantime have you tried Mays General Store or Lansdowne Health shop? They both sell veg. If they get more custom they may get more stock. Talk to them.

On 30 Jan 2009 at 5:34pm Pa Snip wrote:
Or, in the meatime try joining a veg box 'scheme' Ignore the poncy expression, its just a greengrocer delivering a box of vegetables, which is brilliant, and cheap.You can get loads of other stuff too. I doubt we will ever see another greengrocers, uness Bill's disappears in a cloud of dust.

On 30 Jan 2009 at 6:05pm veg wrote:
What I'd really like is a huge colourful shop front with stacks and stacks of lovely fruit and veg, like the place I used to work in when I was a teenager, with metric scales and 55lb bags of whites and reds. Had to deliver them to local houses. (Pound an hour I think I was on.)
Tried Abel and Cole box scheme, found it pretty expensive.
I like May's and Lansdowne Health, but do we really have to have more expensive organic grub all the time?
I'm feeling credit crunched.

On 31 Jan 2009 at 5:17pm Al Otment wrote:
grrow yer owwn

On 1 Feb 2009 at 12:05am Lewes Boy wrote:
not in the cliffe end but the veggie next to Richards butchers

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 68:132
Lewes Ice Cream

Did the culture of self-aggrandising 'grief' begin with Lady Di's death or has it always been around. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde