Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

town meeting

On 26 Apr 2006 at 9:48pm Annabel wrote:
Apparently there is a town meeting tomorrow. The Lews Matters website is urging people to go. does anyone know what it is about?

On 26 Apr 2006 at 10:35pm Chav wrote:
No but nice name Annabel,what you upto later. fancy a kebab?

On 27 Apr 2006 at 10:05am Mystic mog wrote:
Every year there is a town meeting for residents to have an open forum. Usually a chance for John Stockdale to have winge.

On 27 Apr 2006 at 5:46pm Annabel wrote:
Thanks Chav, but I will probably be going to the meeting, fancy joining in John Stockdale's winge!

On 27 Apr 2006 at 7:01pm chav wrote:
See I knew you could'nt resist it but look here,there's a waiting list.You might get shortlisted if you bring the stripy vodka. ok babe?

On 28 Apr 2006 at 12:08am annabel wrote:
You were right, john did have a bit of a rant. Nothing much interesting was said, but the mayor told me that public opinion counted for nothing in planning terms. Should have gone for that kebab!

On 28 Apr 2006 at 3:13pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
It's OK 'cos likewise, the Mayor counts for nothing in public opinion terms.
Blimey! Who'd have thought it?
Public opinion doesn't count in payola matters... sorry planning matters.
Still... When it's all built you'll all have a nice flood defense wall (which will help the river flood somewhere else) and a brand new shiny fire station all compliments of those nice friendly developer chappies.
OK Sozs you'll also have a bl**dy great folly on the river bank... kinda testament to what happens when greedy private enterprise meets clueless government.
And the parking with all those extra cars... wardens paradise.
lol
Annabel... move to Seaford before it's too late.
PhilX

On 28 Apr 2006 at 5:53pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
Careful Phil, or you'll be getting a lecture on planning from george bores.

On 29 Apr 2006 at 8:46am Chav wrote:
Hey Phil, your real name wouldnt be Brendan by any chance? (Sussex Express,Friday 28/04.)LOL
ChavX

On 2 May 2006 at 9:46am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
"TF"... Though old,grey and thick as a brick I'm not too worried about getting a lecture.
"Chav"... Dunno who Brendan is?
Confess I've not bought the Sussex Express this week & Lewes edition ain't always available in Seaford.
Is Brendan world famous in Lewes? ?? ???
Tell me more...
More importantly, thank fugg next Saturday is Farmers Market day.
Be good to buy real bread, proper chickens and pork sausages that have pork in them.
A time catch up with the news & see those traffic warden folk and their warm, friendly smiles...
May even take a lingering look at the river before that very, very nice Charles Sly et puts that wonderful building on it.
PhilX

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Meridian Line 72:132
Lewes Meridian Line

There is not so much of a housing shortage; more a case of not enough households for preferred lifestyles. In the past, single... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy