Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

tidemills development

On 1 Mar 2015 at 2:19pm amy wrote:
Just for the record they are surfing at Tidemills today!
Still not too late to sign the petition and get your objection in to LDC opposing the proposed development at Tidemills.
On 1 Mar 2015 at 2:43pm townie wrote:
What's wrong with the last 20 boring threads you started on this subject ?
On 1 Mar 2015 at 5:46pm Belladonna wrote:
Because they drop down the list of threads and aren't visible maybe?
On 2 Mar 2015 at 6:52am yawn wrote:
yes it is too late. done deal.

On 2 Mar 2015 at 8:13am amy wrote:
No; it is not too late,'Yawn' - the deadline to object has been extended into March.
On 2 Mar 2015 at 9:30am Mike wrote:
Newhaven desperately needs investment and jobs. Are you seriously suggesting developing the port should be binned for the sake of surfing??
On 2 Mar 2015 at 9:50am Mike wrote:
Newhaven desperately needs investment and jobs. Are you seriously suggesting developing the port should be binned for the sake of surfing??

On 2 Mar 2015 at 12:42pm Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
Surely nature is more important than man-made development? That is all.................

On 2 Mar 2015 at 12:46pm Wipeout wrote:
Our friends across the channel have stuffed us again - Water Gas Electricity Ferries Ports etc. LOL
On 2 Mar 2015 at 4:54pm Country Boy wrote:
nature - how natural is Tidemills?
On 2 Mar 2015 at 6:07pm yawn wrote:
believe what you want about the deadline. your just be pacified. apart from that, the need for generation in Newhaven is a BIG must do!. the "nature" at Tidemills will just move to......... OH hang on is there not a nature reserve on the seaford bends, about 20 yards or so from tidemills. maybe the Nature could go there, or maybe they wont be able to find it, and as for surfers, really!
On 2 Mar 2015 at 10:04pm Lounger wrote:
Yawn - while I agree with your sentiments I worry just as much about your grammar.
On 3 Mar 2015 at 6:39am yawn wrote:
Lounger. An even bigger yawn goes to you.
On 3 Mar 2015 at 1:12pm Taff wrote:
They are only talking about the east arm area, nowhere near 'Tidemills' site itself!
On 3 Mar 2015 at 5:04pm Swimmer wrote:
Taff, have you looked at the Plans? 50% of the beach between the east quay and tide mills itself will be lost, the part with the sand at low tide, the part where it's sheltered and best to swim. Generations of families from Newhaven and Lewes have spent many happy summers there, children have learnt to swim there, where do they go if it's lost? Brighton? Seaford [with it's now steeply shelving shingle] or maybe Dieppe!
On 3 Mar 2015 at 9:11pm Seahorse wrote:
The PA have made vague generalised noises about the possibility of jobs with the redevelopment of the east pier and tide mills beach. There are no guarantees this will bring any local jobs to the town, or that there will be any community investment. Companies like this don't do these things for our benefit - it will be for the benefit of their shareholders and profit margin.

On 3 Mar 2015 at 9:33pm Southover Queen wrote:
This company has a woeful history as far as their relationship with the local community is concerned: the West Beach is a case in point. In fact, they seem to regard everyone who values the environment with contempt. I love that bit of beach at low tide: until you've lived with our local pebble beaches you don't really appreciate a bit of sand!

On 4 Mar 2015 at 11:45am Taff wrote:
Swimmer. I accept your argument as sound even though Tide Mills is a long stretch of shingle beach. Sandy only twice a day and often at the lowest of low tides. I have dug bait and fished there. I dont recall many bathers there whilst hunting my worms. None during the hours of darkness!
Feel free to big up the social and environment effects this project may create all you want BUT please dont make it sound like the whole of Tidemills is affected.
On 4 Mar 2015 at 11:46am paddler wrote:
I wonder whether there is a link with the underused incinerator .... European rubbish polluting our atmosphere?

On 5 Mar 2015 at 7:03am Pedalo wrote:
It's a no hoper our European neighbours have got us again

On 5 Mar 2015 at 7:37am paddler wrote:
Paddler, it's not a no hoper. We have to make sure that these plans are rejected. I suspect that rather than regeneration they would be the death knell of hope for Newhaven. I also think that the NPP is cynically using the possibility of jobs - what would they be? I also think that by breaking up the proposal into two phases they are hiding the ultimate remaking of a loved landscape for their own profits. NPP has shown total disdain for Newhaveners including the farce of the public 'consultation' at Hillcrest, Newhaven where their PR officers were unable to answer straightforward questions about the plans and their extent. they weren't helped by the seemingly deceptive drawings
of those plans.
Newhaven like many small working close knit communities all round the world has been shafted and literally dumped on. It's about time that proper public planning for development was instituted. Despite derision on this forum Newhaven does have the potential for a sustainable tourist industry. Or at least it would have if the ravages are halted. Take a look at Dieppe - it didn't always look so pucker.

On 5 Mar 2015 at 1:09pm Taff wrote:
Paddler, Newhaven has beenignored by local politicians and UK politicians for bloody decades. Its nothing new. Probably the reason why Newhaven is as neglected as it is. Nothing to do with the French, all to do with Brits. There is no comparison between Dieppe and Newhaven, Dieppe takes it hands down every time. Lets stop spending money on unnecessary road signage and send our local politicians over to Dieppe but only if they promide to copy what they see.

On 6 Mar 2015 at 7:01am Paddler pucker your lips wrote:
And kiss the beach goodbye. Newhaven will never look pukka

On 6 Mar 2015 at 10:58am paddler wrote:
Whoops! - still cannot share your pessimism though.

13 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare