Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

the dorset

On 14 Dec 2012 at 8:08pm snow queen wrote:
having mixed feedback on the food at the dorset, booked a table for 8 last week for xmas bash, anyone eaten there in the last 2 weeks?

On 15 Dec 2012 at 9:56am Nibbled wrote:
Sad to report, yes and the food was truly awful (not just mine, all of ours), never has the word "chef" been abused so much.

On 15 Dec 2012 at 1:18pm Jeffrey wrote:
Avoid ! Overpriced and utter rubbish . We will not be going again ,

On 15 Dec 2012 at 6:42pm Andrew wrote:
Yes, it's certainly gone downhill with the new owners.

On 16 Dec 2012 at 11:04am numberjack, wrote:
I ate there two weeks ago as part of a party of abt 25-30, the food was very good, apart from my pudding, which I just didn't like, everyone else who had the same enjoyed it. The service was fine. All in all a pretty good job by them.
Just shows that one persons bad experience, usually has an opposite, just a shame that people are too ready to report bad experience and hardly anyone bothers toreport a good one. I guess I will be accused of having a vested interest in The Dorset, but can assure that I don't. In fact as a "pub" I think it's pretty rank (other will surely disagree!), but the restaurant seems OK.

On 16 Dec 2012 at 5:42pm Snow Queen wrote:
Thanks for feedback, cancelling , new in the job so don't want my P45 in my christmas card!

On 17 Dec 2012 at 10:01pm Santa wrote:
Blimey snow queen are they really sacking people for booking a bad lunch these days? Sounds like you've got a boss who needs to be told it's the 21st century

On 18 Dec 2012 at 4:56pm Welsh girl wrote:
I haven't set foot in that pub for over 20 years having been told by the bearded man behind the bar to speak English or get out. He couldn't understand my Welsh accent when I asked for a coke.

On 20 Dec 2012 at 3:03pm Snow Queen wrote:
I truly wished I taken onboard 'Nibbled' advise instead of going with gut feeling (excuse the pun!) Absolutely awful, can honestly say worst meal we've ever had! Never again! Think of school dinners cooked the day before!!! Dreadful!

On 21 Dec 2012 at 8:01pm Nevillian wrote:
I actually went there today for a works Christmas lunch.
I found the food to be very good and the portion sizes were excellent. Our food was hot, there was plenty of it and it was a reasonable price too! Our table was decorated with crackers and party poppers and we found the staff to be more than helpful and cheerful. Our whole party had a thoroughly good time!

On 22 Dec 2012 at 5:36pm No Pot Pourri wrote:
High tides of 7m plus occur in February, March, April, September, October and November (spring and autumn). The 2000 floods were not tidal as they outlasted several tide cycles.

On 22 Dec 2012 at 6:09pm Mike Collins wrote:
Had christmas dinner at Black Horse, very good. £19.95 three courses.

On 22 Dec 2012 at 7:13pm A local wrote:
don't worry folks the pub changes hands in new year to somebody who can cook and serve beer.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station View 82:132
Lewes Station View

Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Thank you BBC more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan