Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

squatters

On 27 Apr 2013 at 12:26am dizzydi wrote:
Looks like we have visitors in Blaker, son and young on the high street

On 27 Apr 2013 at 5:24am my land wrote:
If you are right Dizzydi. Squatting in a residential building like a house or flat is illegal now.
Squatting in non-residential properties
A non-residential property is any building or land that isn‚??t designed to be lived in.
Simply being on another person‚??s non-residential property without their permission is not usually a crime. But if squatters commit other crimes when entering or staying in a property, the police can take action against them.
These crimes could include:
causing damage when entering the property
causing damage while in the property
not leaving when they‚??re told to by a court
stealing from the property
using utilities like electricity or gas without permission
fly-tipping
not complying with a noise abatement notice

On 27 Apr 2013 at 4:43pm Grandpa wrote:
Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but what happened to Blakers then? Aren't they there any more?

On 27 Apr 2013 at 7:35pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They've moved to Sackville House and are now called Lawson Lewis Blakers.

On 27 Apr 2013 at 10:48pm Grandpa wrote:
Thanks, ACT.

On 28 Apr 2013 at 7:52am Ducatipete wrote:
They always find an open door or window. The police can do nothing. With my previous job I've had my fill of the scum. Only one way to deal with the situation!

On 28 Apr 2013 at 2:45pm Clifford wrote:
Ducatipete wrote: 'Only one way to deal with the situation!'

You're right, of course, Ducatipete: Residential accommodation left unoccupied for an unreasonable amount of time should be taken over and allocated to the homeless. The only way to solve the problem. Non-residential premises should be converted to residential, for the same purpose.

On 29 Apr 2013 at 10:01am Ducatipete wrote:
Clifford you are correct but before breaking into the property find the owner and ask if they mind us occupying until a buyer has been found. We promise not to cause any damage and will leave it clean and tidy as we found it.

On 1 May 2013 at 1:30pm What If.. wrote:
...I saw that one of their transit vans was parked with nobody in it, and I decided that it was OK for me to break into it and use it to go to work in? No difference really, but that would be stealing. So why is this OK? The owner of that building is trying to rent it out, hence the prominent 'To Let' sign on the front of it. Who would take it on now? Why should the owner of the building pay to put a roof over these peoples heads? I don't for one minute think that the people in there are homeless, have you seen them? It's just a bunch of freeloaders who think it's their right to take advantage of someone else's property and sell 'anti-capitalist' vegetables and teas, whatever that might mean!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bottleneck House 13:132
Bottleneck House

Why shouldn't workers be made to work? Their leftie comrades have campaigned, for decades, for the right to work. Socio-economic... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington