Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

spooky doll

On 30 Jul 2008 at 7:44am juju wrote:
Is anyone else spooked by that strange looking doll in the window of the old needle makers. It gives me the creeps but i dont know why. Hubby said that a doll like that was in a horror flick and its mouth moved, but he dont know which movie it was, Fat use he is! Think i have a new phobia to ad to my list, that doll is truely spooky.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 8:30am Lewesianne wrote:
Im going there today so will look out for it. I remember a film with a spooky doll in it but I also cant remember which one but the words 'Naughty Narnia' seem to ring bells. It scared the c..p out of me when I was a kid in the 60's.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 9:41am expat wrote:
There was a movie with a doll called Chucky. One of it's follow ups was Bride of Chucky then Seed of Chucky. The doll was like a ventriloquists doll. Made around the 90's I think. Wasn't Anthony Hopkins in one with a ventriloquist doll in the 70's called Magic? (The movie not the doll)

On 30 Jul 2008 at 10:23am johnpierre wrote:
The film was called childs play and was banned for a while as it was supposed to have influenced the child killers of James Bluger in Merseyside.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 12:22pm Lewesianne wrote:
Thanks johnpierre. Was I right with the Naughty Narnia name then?

Expat......Give me the knife Corky!!!

On 30 Jul 2008 at 2:51pm johnpierre wrote:
Sorry lewesianne could find no refrence to your naughty Narnia. The bride of Chucky was named Tiffany.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 4:18pm juju wrote:
No, not chucky i have never seen them ones, maybe a Steven King movie or Hammer House one. What ever it gives me the creeps each time i drive or walk that way.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 4:22pm me wrote:
going off on a slight tangent but in a similar vein, the house that sits just off the little lane between new road and castle banks looks worryingly like the amytville house late at night. Always creeped me out.

On 30 Jul 2008 at 4:30pm Dunk wrote:
Be careful Juju I think its watching you!!! Ha ha ha haaa! (evil cackle!)

On 30 Jul 2008 at 4:46pm juju wrote:
Thanks Dunk, i will think of you as i die screaming in a pool of blood when it jumps out and gets me tonight!!!!!!!!!!

On 31 Jul 2008 at 6:08am expat two wrote:
There was an episode of Tales Of The Unexpected that had a ventriloquist dummy, if I remember correctly the premise was the ventriloquist owner went mad thinking the thing was real and in the end...well you can guess. I was about 12 when that was on and it scared the bejesus out of me. As usual, finished up with that music you can't help but dance to.

On 31 Jul 2008 at 7:49am juju wrote:
That sounds about right Expat Two, it would make sense my Dad loved to watch them when i was little and to get to stay up late i would ask if i could watch them with him i quess i would of been about nine. strange series, the one where this mad scientist made a machine that could listen to thee sounds that plants made scared me because you could hear grass and trees ect scream when they got cut down. nothing beats that stupid doll though.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 121:132
The Pells

Cast your eyes up to Mon29th Nev. I'm talking about....economic migration and it's cause. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina