Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

southern rail commuters

On 5 Jan 2017 at 2:04pm Harry Phillips wrote:
I am doing my dissertation at the University of Manchester on commuter experience in the South East and especially since the recent ongoing strikes.
I live in Brighton and would be extremely grateful if as many of you as possible could fill in my survey on the matter, especially to hear the opinions of Southern Rail passengers from Lewes. It shouldn't take any more than 2 minutes and would help my research enormously. All answers are anonymous and submissions are unlimited.
Thank you very much and happy new year!
Harry

Check it out here »
On 5 Jan 2017 at 7:08pm John Doe wrote:
I've filled in your form and submitted, you need more space on your final question.
I've commuted for 10 years and this is the worst it has ever been. I'm lucky in the fact that I don't have a clock in clock off 9-5 job but for some people it must be unbearable. Tonight was a prime example of how incredibly stressful and frustrating the commute can be. I have lost all support for the workers of southern and find it incredibly difficult to even raise a smile at them these days!
On 5 Jan 2017 at 7:23pm Harry wrote:
Thank you for filling out my survey! I am really sorry about the last question, the intention of it is to just get a few words from response. I completely agree with you but for the purposes of my research, I was advised to keep the final question very brief! I'm terribly sorry! Despite this, if you don't mind, it would be really helpful and I would be really grateful if you could share my survey with some family/friends!
Thanks and apologies again,
Harry
On 5 Jan 2017 at 7:28pm Brian wrote:
Good luck Hurry. I've completed it too. It's not just the delays. Today I've had two short formed trains (8 coaches instead of 12) after previous trains cancelled. Difficult over crowding and people left behind on platforms unable to board. I dislike Southern and the unions in equal measure.
On 5 Jan 2017 at 7:53pm Harry wrote:
Thank you Brian! Every response helps! Do you know any family or friends who commute to London on Southern Rail? If so, could you please share the survey to as many people as possible. Thanks again, Harry

Check it out here »
On 5 Jan 2017 at 10:15pm Angel wrote:
Harry I suggest you share your project on the ABC page on Facebook - Association of British Commuters. There are thousands of Southern commuters contributing and who would be happy to help.
On 5 Jan 2017 at 11:40pm Harry wrote:
Thank you Angel! I have sent off a request to join the ABC on Facebook! Thank you very much that is really helpful!
On 6 Jan 2017 at 11:29am Chester Packov-Lyze wrote:
Harry - completed your survey. Good luck with the dissertation.
On 6 Jan 2017 at 11:38am Harry wrote:
Thank you Chester. Please share with any friends who commute!

On 15 Jan 2017 at 10:23pm michael wrote:
Might be worth contacting some of @southernrailuk 's twitter followers.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Dripping Pan View 33:143
Dripping Pan View

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell