Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

shop to let?

On 21 May 2014 at 2:05pm barberboy wrote:
Does anybody know of an available private shop or workspace from the brewers bottleneck down to cliffe to rent? it can be off highstreet but shouldn't be too hidden, any help is kindly appreciated.
On 21 May 2014 at 7:27pm - wrote:
There's a place on School Hill at basement level (between White Stuff and Tizz's, I think) which used to be a veggie cafe (called Four Seasons??). I noticed it was still empty the other day, but I don't know whether the owner is trying to let it out. Fairly visible, even though it's down steps.

On 21 May 2014 at 10:26pm shop girl wrote:
What about the Riverside? there is a unit to let on the ground floor. i noticed it was empty the other day-dunno if it's taken or still available, have been thinking of it for myself-it'd be such a great place to be based.

On 21 May 2014 at 10:55pm barberboy wrote:
Thankyou for your posts, the basement would be a good idea but not too sure whether the public liability would be too much, ill have to check it out and as for the riverside, I have noticed that as well but its not what im looking for, building rules and too much interference from surrounding shops!
Keep them coming though, this is great feedback!
On 21 May 2014 at 10:57pm Blatent plug wrote:
So which empty shop is yours that you are on here looking to see if its been noticed?

On 21 May 2014 at 11:27pm convenient wrote:
What do you mean , a private shop ? surely a shop needs to be public . The many commercial agents will have details of any abailable properties im sure ,it is after all the point of their existence . Or were you trying to get something on the cheap ? Its Lewes you wont .

On 22 May 2014 at 12:08am Fussy Eater wrote:
Doesn't a Private Shop have to get a special licence to sell that kind of stuff ? God know the locals need it ! As long as it sold Milk too !!
On 22 May 2014 at 7:21am barberboy wrote:
I'm a barber and looking for a shop to rent, I've tried the estate agents but everthings gone. I was asking for it to be private, not for it to be hidden but so I can deal directly with the owner and miss the money grabbing agents! I need Lewes as me and my business partner have a clientele. It can be anything from an empty garage to a full shop I just need details.

On 22 May 2014 at 8:14am convenient wrote:
Theres a cheap shop in market st next to an already established ladies hairdressers . The lease would be through the previous tenant , details are in the window
On 22 May 2014 at 8:20am Long haired Lout wrote:
What's with the rash of Barbers ? There's a new one opening in Western Road, in the old Greengrocers. I suppose it's certain hair grows. And in Lewes you can often actually hear it grow !

On 22 May 2014 at 8:22am barber boy wrote:
Okay thankyou, ill check it out.

On 22 May 2014 at 10:18am convenient wrote:
further to my last post i notice that the shop in Market st is now with oakleys , but i think you ll find that the " money grabbing" agents take their money from the landlord not the new tenant .
On 22 May 2014 at 10:59am maybe.... wrote:
I do know someone but not sure if they would want their private details broadcast on here. I'll tell them about your post and maybe they will get back to you.

On 22 May 2014 at 11:36am barberboy wrote:
Most of the agents state that landlords fee's are covered in full by the tenant, also the case of references and credit checks mean a large sum of money would be used up before we've even occupied the premises which would be used for furniture and shop fittings and also if they take the money off the landlord wouldn't it seem fit for all involved to be approached directly? I rent privately and all is much simpler. .... Maybe.... That would be much appreciated, thankyou.

On 22 May 2014 at 11:43am barberboy wrote:
But that's not to say I wouldn't consider renting through an agent, all help received in finding a premises is appreciated. (my last post may come across too strong, this was not intended and I apologize)

On 22 May 2014 at 1:44pm Earl of De Montfort wrote:
The short-lived chocolate shop that moved to the premises opposite the train station is empty and if I recall, the owners were advertising to let it privately on here not so long ago

On 22 May 2014 at 2:25pm barberboy wrote:
is the old premises empty or the lock up shop opposite the station? I've had a look back through the archive and can't find any subject about it. Was it advertised on the forum or another part of the website?

On 22 May 2014 at 4:23pm Alan Sugarman wrote:
Commercial Agents do not work the same as residential agents. There are no 'fees' to prospective tenants. But obviously the landlord would want some proof that you would be good for the rental period and that you would be a good tenant and normal business references would need to be supplied, but no fees are asked for these. You may even be asked for a holding deposit of rent and business plan.

On 22 May 2014 at 6:29pm barberboy wrote:
Oh okay, well my business partner would be dealing with that as he's had plenty of experience renting shops and creating businesses. I am purely on here to see if anybody knows of a shop/premises that's free to rent privately or through an agent.

On 22 May 2014 at 9:20pm Vidal wrote:
Maybe Barberboy, you should stick to cutting hair and let your business partner, take care of the business.

On 22 May 2014 at 9:59pm barberboy wrote:
That's a fair point but I can't let him have all The fun.

On 23 May 2014 at 1:05pm Passing By wrote:
Have you looked at Bizspace? Think they may have a few units to rent. This was a while ago now so they may have gone

15 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:143
Arch Bishop burning

I hope my red right hand will be ok;) more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington