Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

schools

On 30 Apr 2008 at 10:47pm Smith wrote:
I asked anybody if southover school was good in education?

On 1 May 2008 at 7:36am Earl of Lewes wrote:
It's supposed to be the best, in terms of results. Whether that means it gives the best education is another matter.

On 1 May 2008 at 12:50pm Anon5 wrote:
As far as I know (and so much is anecdotal even at your own school) most kids are very enthusiastic about the learning on offer. Contrary to popular opinion the school is not pushy and in facts was criticised by Ofsted for not stretching more able kids. This was, I think Yr 1/2 kids and I don't know of a single parent who supported the criticism. They are little kids at this age! The kids start being stretched at 5/6 and more emphasis is put on learning. The upper school teachers are fantastic and you would be hard pressed to find a child who was bored which can be the case by Yr 6. The staff appear happy and supported and the acting Head is great. So, in conclusion: the results are good (which sadly does matter as Yr 6 SATs will affect their streaming at Priory) and most kids are happy and motivated. I am sure that some other parent has had an entirely different experience as is the way with any parenting issue!

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Ice Cream 68:132
Lewes Ice Cream

Hi. Has anyone been camping at Blackberry wood? I've booked with a small group for next month but am reading conflicting info on... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG