Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

sat night

On 9 Aug 2009 at 5:20pm c,s,b,s wrote:
?

On 9 Aug 2009 at 5:21pm csbs wrote:
proms anyone ?

On 10 Aug 2009 at 3:22pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I was at the Firle Bonfire Society Hog Roast on saturday night. Was a great night out and we raised a fair bit of cash for charity and the society. Thanks to anyone who came.

On 10 Aug 2009 at 5:13pm ratty wrote:
was not at proms but have been told by a number of people it was not good!Poor fireworks and music.

On 10 Aug 2009 at 6:13pm c.s.b.s wrote:
oh dear ratty ! poor fireworks ? only ever meant to be a small display to follow on from the 1812 . happy to have suggestions for next years play list, and ed can do if you check with bonco we can avoid a clash of dates, proms next year will be 07 08 10,

On 10 Aug 2009 at 9:43pm csbs promenader wrote:
I understand the need to save the display for the 5th but why the truly dreadful music?

On 10 Aug 2009 at 10:55pm c,s,b.s. wrote:
promenader . what would you like to hear, would you like to do a set next year

On 10 Aug 2009 at 11:15pm Marmite N Mayo wrote:
hardly dreadful harsh indeed - typical last night stuff - familiar tunes - a bit of traditional patriotism - the best 1812 I've seen in years - loved it - Excellent burgers - excellent beer - great atmosphere - EXCELLENT value for money (and I am not into Lemon Curd and Black-pudding before you ask (although it does make for a cool sarnie after a few pints of old))

On 11 Aug 2009 at 10:42am Ed Can Do wrote:
Yeah, we did have some issues rather to pick a date for ours that didn't clash with too much stuff but actually, we'd have struggled to have had many more people there as it was. A lot of people said they'd been driving past after the Glynde Flower show and saw the signs and thought it'd make a nice evening so I don't think we stole too many of your crowd.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

Well the immigration queues we join are set to get a whole lot longer, Jerusalem probably won’t be long enough to see you through... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde