Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

restaurants in lewes

On 31 Jul 2009 at 3:53pm newbie wrote:
i moved to lewes in april from torquay. i spent the whole month trying out all the restaurants in lewes. most were average, the marginaly better 1 being the spice merchant. up until last night thats were iv been going. never again though cos last night i decided to brave it and walk into a restaurant that id avoided purely because i couldnt see the dining room from the outside. all this time i thought it was a takeaway. dining in this restaurant i realised how rushed i felt at the spice merchant. the food was exceptional but what made it better was the personal attention from the owner himself. they werent packed but had a fair few people in there, but this chap seemed to no all his customers, and they seemed to love him to bits. i said to my husband i want to be greeted like that every time i go 4 a meal. apologies though you guys i cant 4 the life of me remember what it was called. its the newly opened indian place near the bottle neck.

On 31 Jul 2009 at 4:25pm MintSource wrote:
The Shanaz, and it's been refurbished.

On 31 Jul 2009 at 5:04pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Ok, maybe this is a genuine post, in which case welcome Newbie, and apologies for the whinging that follows!
But the cynic inside me does wonder why new people keep cropping up on this forum recommending this restaurant over the other, rather than introducing themselves in some other way ...

On 31 Jul 2009 at 5:16pm AKane wrote:
Cos its great, going tomorrow night for dinner and REALLY excited, love the food there, never lets you down. Even though we won gift vouchers for SM I don't want to tempt fate with friends coming over

On 31 Jul 2009 at 5:31pm M wrote:
What makes the original post all the more suspcious is that 'she' says that she did not go in before because she could not see the dining room, then says that it is newly opened....hmmm. I am actually a Shanaz fan, so this is not a random bitch.

On 31 Jul 2009 at 6:00pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Do you cynics really think that Ali would bother to concoct a post like that, with all the dodgy grammar, given that he posted an open advert thread no more than a couple of weeks ago?

I think most people would agree that the Shanaz was the best curry house in Lewes until Spice Merchant opened and possibly even then. They're both really nice I think but I've not had a chance to go to Shanaz since the refurb. I'm looking forward to doing so at some point though.

On 31 Jul 2009 at 6:18pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Sorry. To clarify, when I moaned that people keep cropping up recommending "this" restaurant over "the other", I didn't actually mean Shanaz over Spice Merchant. I simply meant any particular restaurant over any other particular restaurant. It just seems to have gone on a lot recently. I am not really a curry fan at all, so don't have any axe to grind ...

On 1 Aug 2009 at 2:09am ali from the shanaz wrote:
lol

On 16 Aug 2009 at 12:26pm doran wrote:
do not try the chaulas restaurant. the food served is crap

On 6 Sep 2009 at 7:13pm Toilet paper wrote:
Avoid Lewes Spice unless you like sitting on the toilet for hours...

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Castle view 19:132
Castle view

TP 15 Sep - 21-49: I simply don't understand how my "options" do not refer to the current situation. Are you seriously... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare