Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

recycling in lewes

On 28 Apr 2011 at 2:38pm brixtonbelle wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the household recycling collection in lewes is so limited ? Why are cardboard, green waste and food waste not included. Many councils, controlled by all political hues now offer this. Why can't Lewes ? And yes I know you can reccyle all those goods down at the 'dump', but that's not very useful for people who don't have their own transport, or have mobility problems. I'd like to know what all parties proposals are for improving the current recycling - if they have any. It will definitely influence my vote at the local elections next week.

On 28 Apr 2011 at 4:22pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
I agree, how's that? The only thing I wouldn't fancy is half a dozen different bins outside my house.

On 28 Apr 2011 at 9:07pm Roly Mo wrote:
Money.

On 29 Apr 2011 at 9:18am Jake the Snake wrote:
The Lib Dem leaflet I got through my door yesterday says they're going to introduce cardboard and food waste doorstep collections if they hold the council.
Another reason to stop the Tories taking over at the elections.

On 7 May 2011 at 5:20pm Ashley Price wrote:
As a (about to be) Green Party Town Councillor for Priory Ward, I cannot speak for the whole of Lewes, but once I have been properly signed up, I will be happy to find out the reasoning for you.

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

River Wharfs Lewes 101:132
River Wharfs Lewes

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare