Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

re. Favourite Pubs

On 20 Jun 2012 at 8:51pm Morrigan wrote:
Sorry I'm a bit late on this one, but I haven't been reading the forum over the past few days.. Does anyone remember the Cricketers in Berwick back in the 70s? A bare white washed room with a kitchen table in the corner, whre a couple of aged ladies would go into a back room to pour beer straight from a barrel into a jug, and then into your glass. The only food available were crisps and I seem to remember kitkats. The poshest car in the non existent car park was my mates battered old split windscreen six volt VW camper van. God, that was a good pub.

On 21 Jun 2012 at 6:54am drone wrote:
Yes. Think the bar had a quarry tiled floor. Felt a bit like drinking in someone`s front room. But pubs like that had a damn sight more atmosphere than most that are around the Lewes area today.

On 21 Jun 2012 at 7:35am Country Boy wrote:
I have a hazy memory of a pub near Hurstmonceux which was like going into someones tiny front room. Again, I think the beer was served out of a jug. Was it "The welcome stranger"?

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

Any Lewes dentists actually doing normal checkups yet? Mermaid aren't which is bad. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams