Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

rattling van

On 3 Jul 2014 at 10:06pm insomniac wrote:
Does anyone else in Grange Road get woken up every morning at around 4.00 am by a rattling delivery van driving too fast and bouncing oer the road humps?
On 4 Jul 2014 at 7:15am Baker ted wrote:
It's earnie the fastest milkman in the west , the one who threw that rock cake at me , in linden lane just outside number 32 , we won't forget old earnie
On 4 Jul 2014 at 7:29am Grocer Jack wrote:
Ted me old M8 how are you . I`m up early ,got off me back , gotta go into town , won`t let them down . Wotyer think of this forum ? Bit like an excerpt from a teenage opera .lol
On 4 Jul 2014 at 11:52am Dozy wrote:
Bit like the tow truck/pick up that wakes everyone up in Highdown Rd at a similar time. A bloody nuisance.
On 4 Jul 2014 at 12:16pm crossy wrote:
and the dogs at 6 am!! dont get me started!

On 4 Jul 2014 at 2:16pm Dave D Beaky Mick Titch wrote:
get outa the pit Dozy .
On 4 Jul 2014 at 5:37pm insomniac wrote:
No, it's not the milk van - that comes a bit later and it's very quiet.
On 4 Jul 2014 at 6:04pm Driver wrote:
Why are you bothered, insomniac? !
Seriously though, road humps should be removed. They don't really slow the traffic; and anyone not driving their own vehicle couldn't care. I am sure the milkman takes great delight in his bottles clattering. He's up at four- let's make sure everyone else is!

On 5 Jul 2014 at 3:00pm insomniac wrote:
But it's NOT the milkman.

On 5 Jul 2014 at 7:40pm Van Morris son wrote:
Someone like you ,should get ear plugs - I drive my old minor down the Bright side of the road .
On 5 Jul 2014 at 8:35pm Morrisons van son wrote:
Says ill be 'appy if it comes up to my chest

On 6 Jul 2014 at 6:25am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
People have to get to work, and some people have to get there very early.
For years I was woken well before sparrow's fart by a neighbour who was a postman starting his car at 4 am, and I was delighted when he changed jobs to something with a more respectable start time.
I wouldn't have dreamed of complaining though, the guy didn't have a lot of choice.

On 7 Jul 2014 at 12:08pm Dozy wrote:
Quite agree that people have to go to work and some have to go early. I have to go to work as well though, and I don't really appreciate being woken up 3 hours before I need to by someone roaring down the road with the radio blaring out and stuff bouncing around on the bed of their truck making a hell of a racket. I'm sure the driver of said truck would not appreciate me waking him up three hours early either. I would just appreciate a bit of respect being shown - it wouldn't take much effort to turn the radio down and drive a little bit slower.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

waterloo badge 128:132
waterloo badge

Good to see the same favourites still having a go at each other. I've been getting on with stuff a bit more creative. We're... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo