Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

priory debacle

On 15 Jun 2008 at 8:43am print wrote:
Has anyone considered the Priory debacle fromthe point of view of the year eleven pupils who 'spoilt' it for the rest? Surely a school and its ethos has to take some responsibility for that level of disaffection. It is so easy to blame the victims. Perhaps if many of these pupils had had their various needs met in an appropriate way during their school career all this would not have happened. After all there are many other schools in East Sussex with a much edgier school population than Priory and I didn't hear of any riots on their year eleven pupils' last day.

On 15 Jun 2008 at 11:31am Joogle wrote:
Absolutely!
I have had two children at Priory, both with completely different needs and I don't consider that either have had their needs met. One of my children transfered to a different local secondary, with a much more "edgy" population and was really happy because she was treated as an young adult whose views could be respected and listened too. Consequently she matured and learnt well.
Priory expects their pupils to fit into a box and blames the child if they don't.

On 16 Jun 2008 at 9:24am mint wrote:
What's the story here? What happened?

On 16 Jun 2008 at 4:18pm Joogle wrote:
Mint, see the earlier thread about the Year 11s being told two days before their last day at school that they had to leave the same day and not have their leavers' day, due to the bad behaviour of a minority.

On 18 Jun 2008 at 3:53pm Phaedra Isabella wrote:
It doesn't surprise me. Priory always was a bit like. When I was there, quite a few years ago now, the whole of my year group got detention because a few people were squeaking their shoes on the chapel floor - and this was partly because it was raining so the floor was wet. The ethos of Ofield and the rest of the "heads" was if a few do something wrong let's punish the whole lot!
It wasn't a wholly bad school, but the punishment system was infuriating - usually punishing the wrong people for something they weren't really involved in!

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Cross 48:132
Keere Street Cross

One could say "alternative facts".....climate change is a hoax, i know so because the fossil fuel industry told me.

You just... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams