Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

pigs

On 3 Feb 2012 at 9:19am gettting wed wrote:
Im getting married this year and am looking for someone who does hog roasts does anyone no of any good ones in the local area???
On 3 Feb 2012 at 9:27am DFL wrote:
Errrrr, looking for a partner who cooks hog roasts eh ? that's a smart move.....

On 3 Feb 2012 at 9:48am ha ha wrote:
prat dfl
On 3 Feb 2012 at 1:04pm Me-Mo wrote:
Try Bap, Crackle and hog. They have good reviews
Hopefully my link works

Check it out here »

On 3 Feb 2012 at 1:34pm Pig farmer wrote:
Try John Hamm, down the Gardeners on a Friday evening usually.

On 3 Feb 2012 at 3:38pm Vampire Buffet Slayer wrote:
Would you settle for a spit roast?
On 3 Feb 2012 at 4:09pm Guido wrote:
John is good also highly recommened BAP CRACKLE AND HOG
On 3 Feb 2012 at 5:18pm getting wed wrote:
have you used them guido ?? vampire spitroast maybe fun ???

On 3 Feb 2012 at 6:16pm The Twister wrote:
John Hamm? You have got to be telling porkers !

On 3 Feb 2012 at 9:56pm Crackling wrote:
John Ham is your man for pig roasts - 01273 477 604
On 20 Sep 2015 at 8:11pm Stephen Jones wrote:
DO NOT TOUCH Bap, Crackle and Hog with a barge pole!! They totally ripped my wife and I off on our wedding day. Guests went hungry and food that was provided was dry and tasteless - NOT what we paid good money for. They are refusing to answer phone, reply to email and are deleting FB posts!
On 8 Oct 2015 at 11:05pm I hate scammers wrote:
Can't agree more, DO NOT TOUCH Bap Crackle and Hog, total scammers also avoid their other sites bchbars.co.uk
On the upside he's on facebook and looks like he's been spending your money on his own wedding. Feel free to leave him a comment, link below.

Check it out here »
On 13 Oct 2015 at 9:50am Error11 wrote:
Be very wary of using Darren Bishop and his Bap Crackle and Hog company for your event! Extremely unorganised, poor table service, missing food and members of staff disappearing to do another job.
We have tried to take this up with Darren Bishop but his responses were slow and he always had to be chased up to get a reply at all.and his final email to me was nothing short of rude and abusive. Case has been opened with trading standards.
Also Darren has removed posting comments to FB, removed reviews from Yell and only cherry picks the reviews he wants people to see.

On 15 Jul 2016 at 1:55pm Sarah Hunt wrote:
I also strongly advise against using Bap, Crackle & Hog. They catered for us recently and Darren Bishop caused us a lot of totally unnecessary stress with his lack of communication and organisation. In the run-up to our wedding he became impossible to contact. He had an excuse for everything, wouldn’t answer emails or phone calls, and even had some sort of “incorrect number” message set up on his mobile to avoid taking calls. We didn’t know if anyone was going to turn up or not until two days beforehand. The people who showed up did the job, but it was not worth the hassle he caused us and our family.
I really wish we had read the previous reviews on here before booking Bap, Crackle & Hog. It would have saved us a lot of trouble, so I’m posting this in the hope it will help other people avoid making the same mistake.
On 17 Jul 2016 at 9:08pm Jones wrote:
Totally sympathise with the above, thoroughly dissapointed with their service at our wedding last July, we have got to the point where we are taking them to court, would not want anyone else to make the mistake of hiring them for their wedding or party!!!
On 27 Jul 2016 at 8:19am Error11 wrote:
I can confirm that this waste of space in now running The Forester's Arms in East Hoathly so I would avoid at all cost! Its interesting to see that he really struggles to run one business so to run two at once should be very interesting.
I feel really sorry for anyone that has had any dealings with Darren Bishop and his company and experienced the appalling service that he provides.
FYI - The link below is to his Facebook account and interesting he has run a couple of companies in the past that have folded under his control.

Check it out here »

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station Sunset 81:132
Lewes Station Sunset

I love that. "We don't actually need another leisure path". We are not exactly overwhelmed with leisure paths suitable for... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine