Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

petrol prices

On 22 Jan 2013 at 11:01am babysitter wrote:
Hi, is anyone near tesco today and knows what they are charging for petrol at the moment?
cheers all!

On 22 Jan 2013 at 11:03am Ed Can Do wrote:
Unleaded is still £1.33.9. Couldn't tell you any other prices though as I only bought unleaded this morning!

On 22 Jan 2013 at 5:58pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The very nature of the product means you are going to travel. Fill up outside Lewes. Eastbourne is always cheaper; or try Patcham ( by the Black Lion) or next to Hove station.

On 22 Jan 2013 at 7:14pm Ripped off wrote:
Lewes tesco is 2p a litre dearer than tesco in holmbush, WHY!!!

On 22 Jan 2013 at 8:05pm Fairmeadow wrote:
And 3-4p per litre dearer than Tesco in Eastbourne, consistently over several years.
Why? Because they can get away with it in Lewes. No competition in Lewes - ESSO generally charges exactly the same. What a strange coincidence.
If you buy petrol from Tesco in Lewes, you are confirming their view that you are a mug, who can safely be fleeced.
And do you think it is only petrol?
Every little helps.

On 23 Jan 2013 at 1:50pm truth wrote:
cos lewes is a conservative town .plus no one does any thing about it. too many rich people in lewes.

On 23 Jan 2013 at 2:11pm Fairmeadow wrote:
Morrisons Eastbourne unleaded 129.9
Typical of supermarkets there
or in Uckfield
or at the black rabbit roundabout, Patcham (A27/A23)
BUT
Lewes (Tesco or ESSO) 133.9
Even the little Busy Bee in Ringmer and the rip-off place opposite the Newmarket
can match that

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes penny 73:132
lewes penny

Hello

Lewes is beautiful and I have been considering moving there for a while. I am now thinking of buying a place on Friars... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde