Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

outed ESCC Freemason

2
 
On 17 Feb 2010 at 12:42pm Transport Woe wrote:
So Cllr Matthew Lock of ESCC is a Freemason. His bizarre now become more clear. Shame, he didn't mention his membership during elections. Is this 2010, 0r 1910?
1
 
On 17 Feb 2010 at 12:46pm On the Level wrote:
Haven't we always assumed that anyone who rises in local government or the police is a Freemason?
4
1
On 17 Feb 2010 at 1:07pm Transport Woe wrote:
yes, but without evidence. The fact that Cllr Locke claims that it has no influence on his working life is ridiculous. And I won't even go into the area of the bizzarre Masonic religious beliefs. Its like a Marina Pepper variant. Its hardly surprising that transport and highways is such a blatant disaster area with this trouser leg-lifting, dodgy hand-shaking fruit loop in a position of authority. Secret societies are for children, Enid Blyton, and conspiracy theorists, not grown ups.
2
 
On 17 Feb 2010 at 1:40pm On the Level wrote:
It looks like secret societies are for people who want to advance their careers by doing favours for their friends, who will do favours in return. Planning is another interesting area.
1
2
On 17 Feb 2010 at 3:25pm Ed Can Do wrote:
I dunno, the more experience I have of Freemasons, the more I believe it's just a slightly sad boys club. They have all their silly rituals and whatever but there's no sinister ulterior motive. Certainly they'll do favours for each other in terms of discounts in businesses and winning clients but I don't think that being a mason would do you any favours in court for example.

Now there is a chance that Mr Lock has been pushing tenders for work from other masons rather than going through a proper, fair process and that of course would be wrong and I'd like to hear how many people he's dealt with over the years are also masons.

Masons in general though are on the way out. There just aren't that many people who want to go to silly meetings and offer discounts to people just for being in the same club any more.

As a matter of interest, did he say which lodge he's a member of? There are two in Lewes, the older of which is all judges and cops and quite hard to get into by all accounts, the newer one (Pelham lodge I think) is more of a local traders association and they'll let any idiot in.

And before anyone asks, no I'm not a mason but I've worked for a few and worked with the Sussex Masonic Charity (Who actually raise a load of cash for local charities).
1
3
On 18 Feb 2010 at 1:22pm LTR wrote:
I think al three are from hastings. The thing that disturbs me is that these idiots 9if that is all that they are) are in senior positions of influence. Rather than competent grown ups who would entertain this kind of nonsense in a million years. Lewes has already had its own mason related planning scandal by the way. These idiots are not harmless. They are a 'ship of fools"
 
1
On 18 Feb 2010 at 3:42pm F.E.A wrote:
"Rather than competent grown ups who would entertain this kind of nonsense in a million years" are you talking about bonfire people?
2
 
On 18 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm Prick Stein wrote:
W @ nker!
3
3
On 18 Feb 2010 at 6:24pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Why shouldn't he be talking about competent grown ups and bonfire boys and girls? No better planners anywhere!!
1
3
On 18 Feb 2010 at 6:35pm Sherlock wrote:
Aren't the bonfire boys and girls firemasons? Geddit?
1
2
On 18 Feb 2010 at 9:48pm JR wrote:
Freemasonry is essentially a "boys club" doing no harm to anybody. What is a fact is that year in and year out they raise millions for charity within the freemasonry circle. They achieve many other good things for society as well. They are not a secret society, they are a society with secrets.
Their rituals do no one any harm, and remember anyone can, when invited, enter a lodge: what will they find? Nothing that will terrify them or give any cause for them to be frightened.
Let's all grow up and appreciate that freemasonry is what it is, it raises substantial money for many many charities.
1
1
On 18 Feb 2010 at 11:03pm Trouser Raiser wrote:
From your defensive comments, one can assume you're in the brotherhood JR. All masons spew out the same old 'we raise alot of money for charity' cr@p. Well, so do alot of other organisations. If it's a harmless boys club then open up your 'meetings' to the public and let them decide. Though any meeting that involves a chicken and a noose (amongst other things) probably won't appeal to most people.
2
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 8:27am 'ere be monsters wrote:
You don't have to be a secret society to raise money for charity. Anybody that says they don't scratch each others backs are f*****g liars. You don't need to be in a secret society to help people out. You do need to be in a secret society to help people in an underhand way.
1
 
On 19 Feb 2010 at 9:20am Maisonette wrote:
My ex is a freemason and I attended lots of fundraising events and in my opinion, it's all about trust. For example, if your car was conked out and you knew a freemason who was a mechanic, you can be 100 percent confident you won't get ripped off. And actually, freemasons do not brag about how much they raised etc. In fact, I didn't know that Lewes Victoria received a cheque for £5k from them but they like to keep a low profile so it was not plastered all over the papers. It's not about "hey look at how much we raised", its about giving to charities who need it, directly and without expecting credit. It is harmless, just as people going to church on sundays is harmless. And where did you get chicken from???
 
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 9:34am 'ere be monsters wrote:
My exact point is you don't have to be in a secret society to raise money for good causes. It is also a point that the lovely wife can only attend fund raising functions or their rather patronising "Ladies Nights".
 
2
On 19 Feb 2010 at 10:25am Trouser Raiser wrote:
Indeed EBM, Ladies nights and White Table nights are far removed from the real business of masonary.
And yet again we have a 'we raise money for charity but never mention it' response.
Chicken was probably on the menu at your Ladies night Maisonette. When the 'Boys' meet the the chicken is still alive, briefly.
 
3
On 19 Feb 2010 at 10:53am Maisonette wrote:
Why do you think ladies nights are patronising Monster?
2
2
On 19 Feb 2010 at 11:54am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Makes the little ladies feel they're not completely ignored. By calling them Ladies Nights it shows how important they feel the women are the rest of the year.
 
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 12:02pm Maisonette wrote:
Ha ha, yes, I can see where you're coming from!! However, little do the hubbies know that the Ladies (when the men are at meetings) are enjoying having the tv remote all to themselves, cooking what they what for tea, not having to talk to the old git and generally having a grand time!!!!
2
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 1:03pm Freak Mason wrote:
"all about trust"
I don't need to be a freemason to trust my friends. You obviously don't know about some very naughty Mason's over the past few decades, I belong to something called an adult democratic society governed by law, that enables me to operate pretty successfully.
 
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 1:05pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
They reckon Jack the Ripper was a freemason.
 
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 1:06pm Freeak Mason wrote:
oh, and since Freemasonry is so lovely open, and unproblematic, could someone post a list of all the Freemasons in Lewes Diistrict? I am sure they would like us to know who all these 100% trustworthy people are,
2
 
On 19 Feb 2010 at 1:48pm Sherlock wrote:
JR wrote: 'Their rituals do no one any harm, and remember anyone can, when invited, enter a lodge...'

You know how funny that is? 'Anyone can, when invited, enter the Queen's bedroom...' for example.
 
 
On 19 Feb 2010 at 5:26pm JR wrote:
Such ridiculous stories concerning freemasonry, killing chickens? Who thought that one up.
By use of the word "inviting" what I meant, and I would have thought that everyone knew, lodges throughout the UK regularly invite the public to enter the lodge and they discuss freely with non-masons what it is all about and that includes the HQ in Queens Street, London. A very interesting day out, I've done it.
It is very clear from some of the comments that a comments are being made by people who know very little about a subject.
 
 
On 19 Feb 2010 at 6:01pm Sherlock wrote:
A Freemason comes on here to tell us everything about Freemasonry is all above board and there's nothing for us to worry about. What a surprise.
1
 
On 19 Feb 2010 at 7:13pm JR wrote:
Sherlock, if you are referring to me I am not a freemason but have several friends who are. However I found out a few years ago that freemasonry today is very different to that of many years ago when most of the allegations of under the counter deals were possibly true. We live in a different world.
Freemasonry, like many associations and organisations, are having great difficulty in attracting new members.
 
1
On 19 Feb 2010 at 7:25pm Sherlock wrote:
Strange because 'They are not a secret society, they are a society with secrets' is word for word the official Freemason line. Still, if you say so who I am to disagree.
 
1
On 20 Feb 2010 at 12:29pm I think... wrote:
Everyone has a right to join any group they wish, what is the difference between the Freemasons and all of the bonfire society's, they all have secrets shared amongst their members? I belong to neither.
1
1
On 20 Feb 2010 at 8:47pm Old cynic wrote:
Freemasons = mafia of the mediocre
1
3
On 21 Feb 2010 at 10:46pm Maisonette wrote:
Freak Mason, if you read my post again, you will notice that I didn't mention about trusting friends, I said that if I knew a mechanic in the masons, I know he wouldn't try and rip me off. You really are a pretentious dick.
 
2
On 22 Feb 2010 at 1:50am Freak Mason wrote:
Maisonette, do all Mason sup[porters call people they don't know 'pretentious dicks'. Trusting someone simply because they are a mason (but don't want anyone to know it) is truly bizarre. As I said, I trust my friends, and strangers too. Since you haven't let us know who all these people are I can only pressume they are either not as open and friendly, or community spirited as you might like to think, or.aren't that trustworthy after all. You obviously don't know what half the town does about the not so secret naughty activities of local Council employees. You see. the members aren't as discreet as they perhaps should be.
 
 
On 22 Feb 2010 at 8:42am sashimi wrote:
Since all the posts on here are secret, does that mean Lewes Forum is run by and for freemasons. If so I would like to volunteer to check out new members. I'll be glad to weed out all those who aren't qualified to take part (you know who you are).
 
 
On 22 Feb 2010 at 1:03pm Geoff wrote:
Definitely. I am going to get Chav to run ESCC transport dept. Trust him to do a great job.
 
1
On 22 Feb 2010 at 6:13pm Maisonette wrote:
Just because I supported Masonry, it doesn't make me a saint!!!
 
 
On 25 Feb 2010 at 9:42pm Wombat wrote:
Grey men are just as trust worthy as the 'Chav' in my opinion
1
 
On 22 Feb 2016 at 6:39pm Brother Senior Warden, wrote:
Why don't you all take a hike, before we all get our masonic voodoo dolls out and stick compasses in them TW@TS


1 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Cathedral 63:132
Lewes Cathedral

They're everywhere, popping up like mushrooms but much uglier. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine
Brighton Jobs