Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

olympic games

On 31 Jul 2012 at 3:45pm p.c wrote:

i love the Olympic games . But was thinking its time to do away with 1st 2nd 3rd places and all competitors should get a apple and a bloon for taking part .
On 31 Jul 2012 at 6:12pm Stree wrote:
Or a Big mac and fries.

On 31 Jul 2012 at 6:25pm Rookie wrote:
How many more times are we going to hear the line "another disappointment for Great Britain" ?
On 31 Jul 2012 at 8:37pm expat two wrote:
For as long as governments (and London mayors) continue to back the selling off of school sports fields to property developers.

On 1 Aug 2012 at 7:35am Angry wrote:
And as long as we continue to applaud mediocrity in school sports.

On 1 Aug 2012 at 11:09am Rookie wrote:
The odd thing is, though, we seem to be doing a lot better these days than when I was a kid watching the Games. 1976 for example......I think we won a solitary bronze in track and field, and we were not good enough to even compete in some of the events.
I suppose it's simply higher expectations now.

On 1 Aug 2012 at 12:04pm Old Cynic wrote:
Well the girl rowers have just won our first gold!

On 1 Aug 2012 at 12:21pm IMEYOU wrote:
Our footy teams are doing well so far

On 1 Aug 2012 at 2:43pm Sussex Jim wrote:
We can bounce back. We may never have an Empire again; but we are still one of the leading economies . Think positively. Let's get rid of parasites, including Europe (the southern states, not the northern ones that make a profit) and we can once again enjoy prosperity. It's up to each of you to do your bit, and within a generation we can turn ourselves around.

On 1 Aug 2012 at 4:31pm Rookie wrote:
Wiggo! Wiggo! Wiggo!

On 1 Aug 2012 at 4:32pm Old Cynic wrote:
Well, he's done it and in grand style - well done wiggo!!!!!

On 1 Aug 2012 at 9:14pm cyclist wrote:
Wiggo for SPORTY, arise Sir/Lord/King Wiggo. Wiggo for PM

On 2 Aug 2012 at 6:54am jo wrote:
yes wiggo for pm he would do a bettler job

On 2 Aug 2012 at 7:49am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Wiggo is fab. He looked like he'd just popped to the shops at the end of that race, he must be superhumanly fit. To do the Tour, the road race and the time trial so close together is a hell of a feat. I need a lie down just thinking about it.
I liked the way he got back on the bike and rode off to look for his family straight after.

On 2 Aug 2012 at 8:50am And in 4th place wrote:
I know we don't win loads of golds , but, we compete in most sports and have a good crack at them , where's the jap cricket team , Jamaican sailors , ( don't mention the bobsleigh ) lots of nations excell in just a few sports where's as our relatively small nation take on pretty much everything , be proud people ,

On 2 Aug 2012 at 6:45pm Rookie wrote:
Wiggos comment "we will do the raffle in a minute" at the end of the Tour was brilliant.

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arched gateway 5:132
Arched gateway

Any thoughts idm? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa