Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

new society

On 6 Jul 2011 at 9:02pm til i die ! wrote:
Any one else heard of the new society Phoenix trying to take off this year ???

On 6 Jul 2011 at 9:05pm Mr Forks wrote:
Bunch of splitter Zulus ex of Borough! Shame on them for walking out, still its alwys easier to walk out then to stay and solve the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 6 Jul 2011 at 9:07pm til i die ! wrote:
not true devoted members then if they walk out on there society. Where does there commitment lay ????

On 6 Jul 2011 at 10:28pm pedant wrote:
their

On 7 Jul 2011 at 12:53am Dave wrote:
Good luck to them I say. Phoenix what a great name for a new society.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 8:05am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Apparently they are all returning to their societies for The 5th. Only because no-one will let them march with them.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 8:32am Tory Boy wrote:
I am more interested in the Big Society.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 8:54am 'ere be monsters wrote:
That'd be The Cliffe then.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 8:54am Vesbod wrote:
Is this a wind up - "Phoenix trying to take off" !! Sounds a bit funny to me....

On 7 Jul 2011 at 9:16am 'ere be monsters wrote:
It's taken a bit of a nosedive really.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 9:22pm invisible man wrote:
Ban all societies especially Cliffe, then introduce some real entertainment like Ballet and Ballroom dancing. Lets get some atmosphere into this God forsaken little town.

On 8 Jul 2011 at 8:06am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Didn't see you coming.

On 8 Jul 2011 at 1:50pm me wrote:
Ballet and ballroom dancing - Atmosphere, and heres me thinking hellingly hospital closed years ago.

On 9 Jul 2011 at 3:44pm Blue an' White wrote:
They can't even think of an original name. Phoenix implies that it has risen from tha ashes of The Borough, though the Borough is still very much alive and well. Still it's better than 'new borough' which was their first idea.

On 9 Jul 2011 at 7:17pm Burd wrote:
How can the Phoenix call themselves a bonfire society when they don't want to do any fund-raising events, don't want s fire site, no one can wear stripy jumpers, they only want to march at all the out meetings in their zulu, Tudor and fantasy pirates?! Plus Jack Sparrow. And one of them said they are not doing this to p!ss anybody off....hmmm

On 10 Jul 2011 at 6:57pm deckard wrote:
All replicants will be retired

On 11 Jul 2011 at 1:21pm Mr Forks wrote:
Hopefully The Phoenix mob will go up in smoke never to return!

On 11 Jul 2011 at 6:49pm Burd wrote:
With a bit of luck!!

On 12 Jul 2011 at 6:35pm Rookie Rebel wrote:
You are either bonfire or not and they are not! I can't see the point of just going along to join other peoples processions just to wear pretty costumes. Don't get me wrong we all love going to outmeetings in our societies costumes and stripes proud of who we are and not affraid to show it, but more than anything we love to put on our own night to keep bonfire traditions alive. All the work running upto the day fundraising and preparation and on the night being proud of what we have acheived through our hard work. Pheonix seem to not want to put in any work and take the glory.

On 13 Jul 2011 at 9:43am Burd wrote:
And they thought just because they have good costumes all the societies would be begging them to join them, but not the case, they'll end up walking with a small society outside of lewes that are desperate for more people to walk with them to make numbers up.

On 13 Jul 2011 at 12:18pm Mr Forks wrote:
If Phoenix think their costumes to be superior to the smugglers outfit then their incorrect. The smugglers guernsey was THE original post 1853 bonfire costume. All the Fancy costumes developed much later!

On 4 Aug 2011 at 9:28am LIVELOVELAUGH wrote:
I love bonfire night!!!!
On 28 Aug 2011 at 7:28pm Tweety Pie wrote:
Congratulations to the Phoenix you have certainly risen from the ashes. We are all behind you. From what I read here looks like there are some jealous societies xx

14 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Stoolball 84:132
Lewes Stoolball

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine