Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

new parking restrictions on 5th

On 31 Oct 2012 at 9:41am king cnut wrote:
Anyone know why ESCC have suspended parking in Spences Lane on bonfire night? Thats just going to cause extra problems.

On 31 Oct 2012 at 9:45am Parking attendant wrote:
They are doing the pavements. Have been for a week or so. They didn't pick the best time ever but I imagine they may postpone work on the 5th.

On 31 Oct 2012 at 10:05am king cnut wrote:
This is at the Orchard Road end, not near the pavement resuracing area. And it does state just for 5th from 5pm to midnight. I wonder if they'll suspend parking in Church Lane because that does get congested.

On 31 Oct 2012 at 10:17am Parking attendant wrote:
Oh. I dunno then

On 31 Oct 2012 at 11:04am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Perhaps residents kicked off about having their drives blocked.

On 31 Oct 2012 at 11:18am king cnut wrote:
They have never blocked driveways in all the years I've been here but this will just force drivers to park on pavements outside their homes
On 31 Oct 2012 at 1:44pm err wrong wrote:
@ king cnut....sorry you are wrong!!! I ve know drivers to park on our drive and over the steps leading up to the front door......so we had to jump over the bonnet of the car to get indoors.....then it wasnt moved till mid day on the 6th!! Parking in Spences Lane is bad anyway with residents parking on the corners, pavements etc!! without visitors adding to the problem

On 31 Oct 2012 at 1:45pm err wrong wrote:
@ king cnut....sorry you are wrong!!! I ve know drivers to park on our drive and over the steps leading up to the front door......so we had to jump over the bonnet of the car to get indoors.....then it wasnt moved till mid day on the 6th!! Parking in Spences Lane is bad anyway with residents parking on the corners, pavements etc!! without visitors adding to the problem

On 31 Oct 2012 at 5:04pm myself wrote:
It is to provide unhindered access for the emergency services to all fire sites

On 31 Oct 2012 at 8:36pm Are you serious? wrote:
So Spences Lane leads to all firesites does it? It's going to be a busy road then.

On 31 Oct 2012 at 9:04pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Haha, if the police need to use Spences Lane they've got badly lost on their way from HQ and even if the firebrigade didn't decide that just nipping over Wiley's Bridge was the quickest way to Waterloo, surely they'd be better off driving down Church Road anyway?
On 31 Oct 2012 at 9:31pm Old Malling wrote:
Did anybody get a leaflet about road closures this year? Haven't received anything so far......

On 31 Oct 2012 at 10:13pm Southover Queen wrote:
No, I didn't here in Southover, OM. Too expensive, I expect, we'll be told.

On 31 Oct 2012 at 10:37pm All roads lead to where? wrote:
Where's Church Road then Ed?

On 31 Oct 2012 at 10:38pm myself wrote:
"So Spences Lane leads to all firesites does it?" and the smart arse award goes too................. The Brooks, like all firesites must have unhindered access for emergency vehicles thus providing designated red routes in case of major emergency. I'm assuming Spences lane forms part of this, as does roads in Landport. Mind you Portaloos's site can easily be accessed from Brooks road, so maybe there just doing it to piss you off. I certainly hope so

On 1 Nov 2012 at 12:31am Bruciare il Papa wrote:
I noticed that the Station car park will be closed from 3pm on the 5th (reopening on the 6th) and that parking is suspended in Court Road too.
Is this a conspiracy to encourage people to object about Bonfire?

On 1 Nov 2012 at 9:35am @myself the fool wrote:
You really are a dunce. You realised mid post that the Brooks is easily accessed via Brooks Road but still tried to explain your silly little self. Then realising you can't, you come out with a childish stab at residents getting purposely pissed off. Go away you silly little boy.

On 1 Nov 2012 at 12:29pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Church Road, Church Lane, you knew what I meant.

For the record, Church Road is in Barcombe and would provide little in the way of useful access to any Lewes firesites.

On 1 Nov 2012 at 1:44pm Myself am a drip I is. wrote:
While your at it, can you keep the footbridge clear from the railway land to the college in case the fire service need access to Cliffe's fire site. Thank you in advance.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Commercial Square programme 31:132
Commercial Square programme

Thanks for the interesting news. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa