Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

nasty people

On 15 Oct 2007 at 8:59am sue wrote:
Hi,
was interested in reading message board as i am a lewes girl,and also felt like sharing fond memories of lewes its places and peopl.I agree there are people who are not worht remembering or even disgusing,but i feel very upset on one person commentsabout a family i know in lewes.The forum is a very good idea but i feel one day somthing bads gonna happen and its gonna be because of the messages that are somtimes left.You really need to sort out the nasty people who don't care what they put online.In one week alone i have seen 3 people i know personally been disgused or basically told to p*** off and another his wife sl***** off. I and i am sure loads of other people agree its out of order.You need to sort this problem.

On 15 Oct 2007 at 11:11am Geoff wrote:
Yes Sue. We require more gentlemanly and ladylike conduct. There is no need for foul language as one can express ones self and be perfectly well understood just by using our superb language as a tool.

On 15 Oct 2007 at 11:59am Guy Forks wrote:
Sue, I think the guy who called someone elses wife a sl***** apologised very sincerely later in the thread.
This is freedom of speech, people aren't nice to each other all the time (I wish they were) but thats life, if you don't want to come across life that's your choice.
Surely you can see that these posts are individuals opinions and not necessarily the true or whole picture.
Maybe you should counter it by posting lots of lovely things that you think about the people around you. Maybe we all should.
I think the barmaid in the John Harvey is gorgeous

On 15 Oct 2007 at 1:15pm sue wrote:
yeah i know but i just think how hurt people are gonna feel when they are being talked about.ah bet the barmaid in the John Harvey will be well happy when she hears shes thought of as gorgeous.Also if my manner offende anyone then i am sorry but was veru upset when i saw such a nasty responce to my thread.

On 15 Oct 2007 at 8:15pm For The Record wrote:
Lewes is brimming with incredible people who have the most beautiful personalities, it's just unfortunate that some people are moving into the area and trying to change the values of the town.

On 15 Oct 2007 at 10:14pm expat wrote:
Sue, I think your disgust may be aimed at me or am I being paranoid? If it is I think you have totally misinterpreted my thread. I don't know which bit was the offending line, I was purely reminiscing which I tend to do on this forum. I have no idea who the Stonehouse family are, and would never intentionally hurt anyone.

On 15 Oct 2007 at 10:24pm Friend of Sues wrote:
It wasnt you Expat,did you not see the totally pointless nasty answer that was directed at the original queston? Which someone has deleted?Please,No.it wasnt you!

On 16 Oct 2007 at 10:54am sue wrote:
Hi expat no! no! you haven't offended me some other idiot did and his or her thread has been taken off.Goodness you jogged my memory about lewes charchters ie; keith wares wonder what happened to him!The problem with this forum its good in one way,but in others in can be abit how can i say dangerous as people get offended and it seems there are alot of threads that are abit out of order but hey! ho!gonna give it abit longer because probably like you, you have roots in lewes and like to know whats going on and remonise.anyway don't worruy

On 16 Oct 2007 at 7:59pm expat wrote:
I can sleep at night again!

On 23 Oct 2007 at 10:20pm apotrovarmods wrote:
Oups...

On 25 Oct 2007 at 8:50pm apotrovarmods wrote:
Sorry

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool