Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

mountfield road

On 1 Dec 2009 at 4:57pm lewes newcomer wrote:
hello all,
moving to lewes to work in the area. im thinking of renting a place in mountfield rd, can anybody tell me what the area is like? id appreciate your views. ive got a small baby so hopefully it pretty safe and quiet.
many thanks!

On 1 Dec 2009 at 5:26pm Down and Out wrote:
Safe? As anywhere in Lewes I guess. Quiet? Hmm... Football ground in front of you; railway station behind you; probably 1500 teenagers passing to and fro every day to the school and 6th form college. And the traffic to the leisure centre.
Apart from that, it's pretty quiet!

On 1 Dec 2009 at 8:02pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
You forgot to mention the dump.

On 2 Dec 2009 at 10:29am DFE wrote:
moving here, my heartfelt sympathy to you, my advice dont do it

On 2 Dec 2009 at 1:33pm Papaver wrote:
Moving here, my heartfelt happiness to you, my advice do it

On 2 Dec 2009 at 2:19pm SG wrote:
I would recommend you consider the amount of screeching kids passing your door every day. I wouldn't want to live there. I bet it's really quiet at night though, which would be nice.

On 2 Dec 2009 at 2:46pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Also proximity to the sewage works and Southern Water lorries to-ing and fro-ing, and the fact that the leisure centre is open until remarkably late at night - 10pm?
Then there's the family who live in the old toilets in the car park.......

On 2 Dec 2009 at 5:36pm Trevor wrote:
They have moved out of the toilets to a proper house in said road.
They needed somewhere bigger to keep their racing mobility scooters.
Very odd sight both on scooters with small kids hanging of the back racing along Cliffe high-street when its quiet,and the son is something else!Who are they?
On 2 Dec 2009 at 9:30pm Tax Payer wrote:
rumour is that the beautiful toilet property - overlooking the Pan, the Convent fields, the bowling club and under the Tump (glorious house in glorious location) is being refitted as luxury 5-bedroomed house for them to mobilise back into - AT OUR BL00DY EXPENSE - long live Lewes Council....
A penny loaf to feed the Council
A farthing o'cheese to choke them
A pint of beer to rinse it down
A faggot of sticks to burn them
Burn them in a tub of tar
Burn them like a blazing star
Burn their bodies from their heads
Then we'll say at last something sensible and meaningful will be able to happen in our great and glorious town and protect its future rather than turn it into a dormitory "suburb" of London full of badly designed ad implemented dwellings too small for use and with no appropriate parking!!!
(sorry I know that doesn't scan too well but I'm sure you appreciate the sentiment)

On 3 Dec 2009 at 10:34am No Pot Pourri wrote:
Thanks to TP for what I would class as a textbook internet rant.

On 3 Dec 2009 at 3:37pm Prick Stein wrote:
Still that new semi detached house down Grange Road is quite attractive! You know, the one with the render and big windows, the Grange Road residents love it

On 10 Dec 2009 at 9:01pm SG wrote:
I've been looking at a flat going on Mountfield Road. It looks nice enough. I wouldn't buy a house along there that didn't have decent windows though, with rowdy kids walking back and forth all day.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Twitten 89:132
Lewes Twitten

@Dreamer Perhaps the answer to your question why does TP trot out the same old rubbish, repeatedly, without the slightest... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine