Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

missing parcel

On 11 Jan 2013 at 1:41pm fifi wrote:
On Saturday a parcel was posted to me from West Sussex using 1st class postal service . It has not arrived so today I went to the sorting office in Lewes - the very laid back , disinterested member of staff I spoke to said that they are short staffed and that there were a pile of sacks waiting to be opened , one of which could contain my parcel . I have been unable to find a telephone number for Royal Mail - it seems that all you can do is apply for compensation on line but in the meantime my parcel could still turn up - this doesn't seem good enough as I've had things go missing before . Any ideas anyone ? !

On 11 Jan 2013 at 1:54pm Pete wrote:
Depends on the value of the item you are waiting for.
On 11 Jan 2013 at 1:58pm Pedant wrote:
disinterested member of staff. That's uninterested. Disinterested is what a judge is, impartial. I hate to see a good word destroyed by misuse.

On 11 Jan 2013 at 3:00pm Royal Mail Loser 2 wrote:
Same thing happened with me. I posted my daughter her 21st birthday card with glitter in it. It looked as though it may have contained cash. Posted first class and never arrived. Strange isn't it? I complained to the Royal Mail (via email - no 'phone lines) and, after 3 weeks received a reply that basically said "we handle tjousands of letters a day so don't be surprised if something goes missing" How can something actually go missing? Where does it go. Oh, I think I know - into a posties back pocket? I hope he/she enjoyed the glitter!
Royal Maio do not give a monkey's so I would raise as big a fuss as you can but don't expect a result.

On 11 Jan 2013 at 3:23pm jonnyboy wrote:
The RM don't regard an item as lost until 15 working days have passed after the due delivery date. Provided the sender got a certificate of posting and the value of the item doesn't exceed £50 you MAY be able to claim compensation. If the item is jewellery or is worth £50 or more it has to be sent Special Delivery or you're not covered.
On 11 Jan 2013 at 7:13pm uckers barry wrote:
the man at the postoffice told you in other words be patient and you will get your parcel take a chill pill so quick to blame others

On 12 Jan 2013 at 10:14am Clifford wrote:
If Royal Mail top management weren't stripping out staff to push up profits in a short term burst on the road to privatisation we might get a better service. I wouldn't blame the poor sods who work there - blame the people who are really responsible.

On 12 Jan 2013 at 4:35pm brixtonbelle wrote:
pedant - how do you know the po worker wasn't 'disintersted'. The OP may have been thinking s/he was impartial and using exactly the right word.
Just saying...

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffes Cliff 27:132
Cliffes Cliff

Hello

Lewes is beautiful and I have been considering moving there for a while. I am now thinking of buying a place on Friars... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell