Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

looking for somewhere to rent in lewes area

On 30 Jun 2008 at 11:39am edward wrote:
Helooo!
I am planning to study an MA at the University of Sussex and would like to find somewhere to live in the area of Lewes. I was looking around there in April and it seems really nice. I have two cats so I would like to have a garden, and preferably be in a rural quiet environment.
I am 30 and currently living in Rotterdam in the Netherlands. I will be in Brighton for a few days next week (july2-5) and would really like to sort out somewhere to live from mid-july or early august.
My interests include cycling, activism, zines, edit wars on Wikipedia, squatting, social centres and cooking.
I dont really mind what other people wanna do as long as I also have my space. Things which I would be happy to find would be wood stoves, sustainable living ideas, breakcore lovers and/or fellow zinesters.
Drop me a line if you have a nice house or a nice plan and I will get on the fone.
Cheers!
Edward
spaceman AT mujinga.net

On 30 Jun 2008 at 11:58am Fat Chance wrote:
If you have two cats and want somewhere quiet, forget Lewes as the town has loads of fireworks and cars.
You enjoy squatting? Maybe you have answered your own question!

On 30 Jun 2008 at 5:02pm Pervy Pete wrote:
Some low lifes seem to be living in a tent on the grass verge in Crossway outside mark blakes house. Perhaps you could bunk in with them.

On 30 Jun 2008 at 10:36pm Mella wrote:
It might be a good idea to contact the University's accommodation office to see if they have a list of private landlords and shared houses that might be available in the area. Do this in advance.. I am sure you are aware that it is really the 'gold rush' in September when the students come back to Campus.
Given the state of the property market here at the moment, you might be a little more lucky. There may be more property to let on the market by the time September comes!
Are the 2 cats travelling all this way?!! They will be very disoriented !
There are letting agents in Lewes and I am sure you are aware,.. and you can find them on the web...
Best of luck

On 1 Jul 2008 at 9:00am Lewes Laugher wrote:
Just pop into Lewes District Council with a brown envelope - it works for developers so it should work for you.

On 1 Jul 2008 at 7:41pm edward wrote:
thanks for your response mella! yes the cats are coming, its been a bit of a process to get them vaccinated and i aslo had to get them microchipped which i didnt like, but actually i think that was worsefor me than for them.
im finding gumtree quite useful for finding people and places, but i thought i would try here also .. i rather rent privately then through agents but i might have to go that way in the end. cheers!

On 1 Jul 2008 at 7:43pm edward wrote:
hoi fat chance, well yes i have been squatting for years but in the brighton area its quite difficult and when moving country with animals then i would a bit of stability, which hopefully (but not necessarily) renting would bring. cheers!

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

Actually, I would like to add to what I have written above. I understand your concerns about medical marijuana, especially if you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell