Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

lewes homeless

On 14 Jul 2016 at 2:49pm simon wrote:
Today i saw one off the Lewes homeless gents harassing a chap walking in the street.As far as i could see it was for no reason apart from he was there.What can we do to help these men get homes and a job.Its so sad to see.
On 14 Jul 2016 at 3:05pm Final solution wrote:
Send them to Brighton.
On 14 Jul 2016 at 4:09pm JMMM wrote:
Take them in and give them your help.
On 14 Jul 2016 at 4:22pm Sjep76 wrote:
The people I see in Lewes who beg and make out they are homeless actually live in council flats on Landport.
On 14 Jul 2016 at 4:24pm simon wrote:
jmmm your right i will offer i have a room free in my home.But which one, anyone know who is the most in need
On 14 Jul 2016 at 6:15pm Cynic wrote:
Then there is the one who drives a two year old Audi. Two years old? He is obviously very desperate
On 14 Jul 2016 at 7:20pm The Hungry Man wrote:
Give them a job on Southern trains, let's get these trains crewed and running !!!!!!!!!!
On 14 Jul 2016 at 7:30pm lewes man wrote:
well first stop some of them drinking beer and taking drugs . theres one woman that has a flat but like begging . Lewes is going down hill that sad
On 14 Jul 2016 at 9:06pm Astrid wrote:
offer to buy them a drink eg coffee or a sandwich never gve them money. Look them in the eye, talk to them.whatever housing situation they are in they are not coping. Feeling ostracised by There own actions or circumstances out of there control it doesn't matter. They are people who should not be left to remain iinvisable
On 14 Jul 2016 at 9:58pm Tipex wrote:
So homeless people are generally liars, crooks, wealthy, drug-dealing aggressive alcoholics who don't deserve any compassion and humanity? Jesus why are you narrow-minded drones so bitter?
On 14 Jul 2016 at 9:59pm Mark wrote:
Don't be baffled or surprised by it. Of course it's a new thing and it's hard to adjust to but it's just Tory Britain.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 6:36am Crones disease wrote:
Titex your remark is sexist. Crones are women. Kind regards, a man.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 7:44am Pah wrote:
They're not homeless they're beggars. They live round the corner from me in Landport, sit and watch when they have enough money for alcohol they'll buy their drinks and run home. They also cruise the streets on sunny days picking up fag ends to take home and reroll. Ship them to Hastings.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 9:16am TIm wrote:
Yesterday, I overheard a well dressed man outside the station taking an order for "5 cans of Special for this evening" from a beggar. Sure enough, 10 mins later he returned with a carrier bag of cans.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 10:36am Pah wrote:
I'm getting thumbs down for typing the truth, that proves they must have internet too. Next time you ask me the a spare cigarette the answer will be no. Pesky beggars.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 12:55pm TIm wrote:
If, as alleged, they are homeless, where do they sleep at night? Cos I have never seen them.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 1:12pm Concerned parent wrote:
Regardless of if they are or not indeed homeless , the guy who begs outside boots needs to clear up his crap from the public toilets and not leave his junky needles on the floor - that's pusses be of more than anything
On 15 Jul 2016 at 3:11pm Taken for a ride wrote:
There was the couple who used to sit around town at opposite ends. The girl had specs on and used to sit reading while begging while her partner used to do the other end of town. I soon stopped giving when I saw the pair of them in Waitrose with a trolley stacked with food. I'd gone in there to see what was on the reduced shelf!! Oh the irony!!!
On 15 Jul 2016 at 3:13pm Jack wrote:
Just tell them to fu#k off out of Lewes
On 15 Jul 2016 at 4:09pm Cat lover wrote:
I feel sorry for them and every Christmas my friends and I collect enough money to put them into a hotel over the festive period. It's my way of giving something back.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 4:30pm astrid wrote:
oh cat lover are you a labour supporter by chance? you probably do more than most for the homeless which is kind however it is a bit like that crazy lady who was in charge of kids company who paid for a homeless women to be in a flat for 8 years and then when the company inevitably went bust that women was in a worse position than before she met that wack job. the women had no support to find a job, social intervention to be able to live with others any kind of understanding on what it takes to run a household. left to fend for herself again. please continue your kind support but in a more realistic not idealist manner it is a much kinder thing to do in the long term.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 5:22pm Pusses be off wrote:
Away with you begging cats.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 7:54pm Biggest pussy in Lewes wrote:
Recently I was about to give a town centre beggar a pound coin but changed my mind when he got an iPhone out of his pocket to take a call.
On 15 Jul 2016 at 9:34pm Clifford wrote:
Yes, it's true, all the homeless really live in mansions, all the unemployed have really got a job, all the sick are really well. And all tall people are really short and all fat people are really thin.
On 16 Jul 2016 at 7:12am Guy outside Boots wrote:
Does he really crap all over the floor ? And is he the only junkie? That's pusses be onde der pail. Knid retards.
On 16 Jul 2016 at 11:35am Heartless B. wrote:
To hell with the lot of 'em. Bunch of degenerate, unwashed, drugee layabouts.
Get off the heroin and you'll be alright.
I once saw some woman come out of a bakery and offer some pastries to a homeless begger sat outside, he turned his nose up at them and asked for money!
On 16 Jul 2016 at 4:59pm simon wrote:
I started this hoping I could help . I have been talking to the homeless in Lewes and on the whole you are right .They are doing well and not homeless.the old guy with long hair who begs on the bridge only does till mid-day then he changes into smart clothes and shops in waitrose .I shop at aldi . who's the fool .....me
On 16 Jul 2016 at 11:10pm Pete wrote:
Euthanize them with immediate effect
On 17 Jul 2016 at 9:10pm Cat lover wrote:
I can't believe people are so condescending and nasty to people who are less unfortunate than us. I always give money to homeless people, sometimes buy groceries for them so that they can have a balanced meal, I've even allowed them to use my shower on the odd occasion. If we were more compassionate to others the world would be a better place.

On 18 Jul 2016 at 1:53pm Shelter wrote:
We've developed a new stategy for dealing with the local homeless population which we need your help with. We are calling all volunteers to congregate on cliffe bridge at 3pm this Tuesday (19th). This new strategy is based upon the principles of interpretive dance and shakra healing techniques. Please everyone bring food scraps, possibly from the compost if you are short, and candles. Thanks brothers and sisters.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 10:03pm astrid wrote:
Cat Lover YOU are not being kind giving a drug/alcohal addict money to buy more!! it is a cycle that needs to be interrupted all the time they get money from people like you, the more they value begging and feel less inclined to take/seek help. lets face it. it is far easier to beg than to clean up your act and accept help. some other posters on here are trolls just ignore them. People in general DO care. we need for those on the streets to change their habits, habits that you are fuelling. like I said before to become VISIBLE again. give them food by all means in fact by just talking will do far more good than a couple of quid
On 21 Jul 2016 at 6:02pm Biggles is back wrote:
All these scrounging junkie layabouts know the score the first time they stick the needle in there arm..They are homeless because the choose drugs over paying rent.Best thing is to fill their pockets with bricks and chuck em in the ouse..They choose to be in Lewes because of the easy access to drugs..Its always been awash with smack.
On 27 Jul 2016 at 6:34pm Self harmer wrote:
Also known as the Bogata of the south. Nice place !!!

4 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Street Lewes 120:143
Station Street Lewes

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams