frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

York Lodge, Seaford

On 15 Nov 2021 at 8:47pm lizloz wrote:
Oh wow!! Iím late!! Iím going to seafood tomorrow first time since I was 9 at York lodge for one year 1974. Iím sad itís not there but Iím looking forward to seeing what I remember! I remember Sister Corbett and a very stern cleaner called Margaret who caught me kissing a boy! I remember nick who used to bring in a guitar I remember lovely breakfasts and a sweet jar where you kept your sweets. I remember the post and how happy I was to receive a present from home. I remember skin tests and injections and physio and lots of lovely walks. David Foster from east grinstead and Julie who used to tell me scary stories! And lovely Trevor who used to laugh all the time.Itís so nice to finally hear others talking about York Lodge!! I donít have Facebook but Iíll definitely ask someone who has to look for me! Thank you

On Sat 19 Mar at 10:49am Beatrix wrote:
Hello my name is Sharon and I was at York lodge in the mid seventies. I remember Sister Corbett well. She was always so lovely to me . Ginny the nurse, who was lovely too. Also Matron . I can't remember our teachers name , but I remember the class room well.
I use to play my records outside in one of the sheds in the garden. It was nice and quiet in there and you felt more groan up.
I have some lovely memories from there. Even though it was hard being away from my family, I was happy there.
So sad that it's all gone now though.
I rember a girl I shared with was called Jeanette and she was from Wigan.
There was a boy called David I think and he was from Wales. I am pretty certain there was another boy called Mark from London. He was one of the older children like myself. We sent a valentine's card to one another after we had left there. Lol
Does anyone know what happened to any of the staff?
Ok hope to talk soon. Sharon Dowden

On Fri 1 Jul at 3:08pm BerniM wrote:
Hi, I'm Bernard (Berni) Messenger. I was there from 1965 - 66. A significant and positive life-changing experience for someone from East London. I'm in the Facebook Group, or you can find me on other social meeja.

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare