Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

The notorious Eastgate parking bay problem

On Thu 8 Nov at 7:47pm Yates wrote:
My husband parked on the end bay outside Laura Ashley and bought a ticket. We received a 100 PCN charge? Wrote to appeal and sent photos of our ticket with receipt from a post Office of the displayed ticket and didn't hear anything until today a letter arrived from debt collection wanting 170! No letter received from Parking Solutions turning down our appeal in fact we were getting annoyed that they hadn't replied and we asked for our photos to be returned (they were not). The debt collectors were very nice and said on their computer we had been sent a letter turning down our appeal but we have proof they we sent a letter to them and where is their proof their letter was delivered to us and signed for. if this first appeal was turned down we could go to appeal again but if this again was turned down we would have to pay the 100. I cannot understand why something is not done about this firm. We often visit Lewes and have done for many years and don't expect to be mugged. My husband has a Blue Badge but prefers to park and pay rather than on double yellow lines where necessary but now will park on double yellow lines in future. We are taking this further and suggest that this firm cannot continue to harass people in this way.

36 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Tiled House 89:137
Lewes Tiled House

I have nothing against people who want to spend their money in Waitrose. It is quite eye wateringly expensive though. ... more
Brighton Jobs
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV