Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Unreal

On Fri 12 Oct at 11:09am Mark wrote:
Is this a actually happening? Pomp and circumstance for the glorious Princess Eugenie?
On Fri 12 Oct at 11:15am Le President wrote:
Bring back le guillotine.
On Fri 12 Oct at 11:18am Mark wrote:
It's beyond vulgarity
On Fri 12 Oct at 11:32am Eric wrote:
How many more doctors and nurses could be employed if the money wasted on this sideshow was put to better use?
On Fri 12 Oct at 11:57am Happiness wrote:
Why can't people just be happy for them?
I can see the "boy that going to cost the taxpayer a lot of money" argument...
But the money received in things like digital rights will pay for it many times over.
I'd much rather some of my tax went on this than most of the other sh*t they waste it on. MP expenses are a far serious waste.
Life's too short. Smile and be happy for them. It's their wedding day.
On Fri 12 Oct at 12:35pm Englishman wrote:
@Eric. The shortage of doctors and nurses is due to the fact that our comfortably off young people do not wish to follow those professions.
The father of the bride traditionally pays for a wedding. How much is HRH Prince Andrew stumpy up?
@Happiness. The biggest part of government expenditure is on social services. That includes not only the genuinely vunerable- but also the increasing number that choose a lifestyle of benefits instead of work.
On Fri 12 Oct at 12:50pm bored wrote:
^Tosh mate. We have fewer nurses because the government made changes to bursaries etc that discourage people from taking it on. Odd thing to do when we have a shortage but this government doesn't have a clue in general so not surprising.

Also utter rubbish on welfare spending. Pensions are the biggest cost. Actual figures...
Total welfare spend in 2017 253 billion:
Pensions 111B - 42%
Unemployment benefits 2B - 1%
Incapacity and disability 44B - 16%
Housing benefit 25B - 10%
Family benefits, income support & tax credits 46B - 18%
Personal social services and other 35B - 13%

Check it out here »
On Fri 12 Oct at 1:16pm Hyena wrote:
The usual rent a celeb amongst the guests. What a shower of twatz.
On Fri 12 Oct at 3:19pm ghost wrote:
f the royals get rid of the monarchy
On Fri 12 Oct at 6:13pm Eric wrote:
The father of the bride pays for the wedding? That would be Andrew then. (Probably).
Who pays Andrew? Ahhh. We do.
On Sat 13 Oct at 2:39am Local wrote:
Most sensible post on the forum bored. Housing benefit and income support could be wiped away in a day if we had a government with the balls to regulate rents, build council housing and introduce a proper living wage

26 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Postcard 103:137
Pells Postcard

"Mad" Mervyn Kemp, as lively as a box of frogs, never knew what his next stunt would be, always entertaining, the only person... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The way it still feels like home every time I return
Expat

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV