Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Bunces lewes

On Fri 14 Sep at 6:36pm Jill wrote:
Unhelpful unfriendly staff, women on the till are always rude and miserable will not use again
On Fri 14 Sep at 6:52pm Jack wrote:
I won't neither
On Fri 14 Sep at 7:22pm Hyena wrote:
Thanks for letting us know.
On Fri 14 Sep at 7:38pm Lester wrote:
You'd be miserable if you worked there. No customers day in, day out...
On Fri 14 Sep at 7:42pm Moaner wrote:
Just slagging off any local shop until it sticks?
On Fri 14 Sep at 8:26pm jojo wrote:
They have always been great with me! Am I missing something-I rather rely on Bunces, and I think they are fab.
On Fri 14 Sep at 8:43pm Ms Portas wrote:
I'm never sure whether it's a self service' superstore' or a modern day Arkwrights !! Either way TBH it's over priced for most things. Okay if you're desperate I suppose.
On Fri 14 Sep at 8:48pm gregory wrote:
It is my understanding that female staff get paid less than the male staff, no wonder they look grumpy.
On Fri 14 Sep at 10:36pm Cynic wrote:
And yet another successful local business gets a good smearing.
On Fri 14 Sep at 10:37pm Local wrote:
That is complete nonsense, cynic. And you know it.
On Fri 14 Sep at 11:14pm walter wrote:
No it's not 'Local'. Personally I'm pleased and somewhat amazed that we still have a 'Bunce': a useful shop is a rare beast indeed on our clogged up with clones High Street. I know I'll be depending on Bunce when our economy goes belly up rather than Wickle, Botts and (whatever) et al. We should be supporting Bunce's business rather than going along with this rather nasty and personal attack on their staff.
On Sat 15 Sep at 12:48am Mario wrote:
What was there before Bunces?
On Sat 15 Sep at 12:55am Happy Shopper wrote:
Could this be from the same miserable tw at that was complaining about Martins a few days ago?. No coincidence that the individual targeted for that particular hate campaign also worked at Bunces not so long ago.......I sense a coward of the lowest order at work here.
On Sat 15 Sep at 7:04am cam wrote:
Maybe itís you Jack and co. Iíd be miserable if I had to serve such poison that one sees here.
On Sat 15 Sep at 7:51am judith learmount brooks wrote:
I have always found the staff pleasant and helpful would rather have Bunces than another coffee shop or expensive bric a brac/boutique
On Sat 15 Sep at 7:51am corder wrote:
Is the git on cctv ?
On Sat 15 Sep at 7:55am Reality wrote:
Jill I suspect sheís perfectly nice to most of her customers, however maybe itís time to look in the mirror to try & understand the service you received. This forum demonstrates perfectly the kind of Ďpersonalitiesí that can be encountered day in day out in town. Itís little wonder shop keepers find their tolerance levels pushed when actually having to come face to face. Much better to just stay sat behind a keyboard making others lives a misery on this kind kind of platform where at least it can just be ignored
On Sat 15 Sep at 8:13am Bounces wrote:
If you want bad service, go to the BP garage when the two middle-aged women are on the tills.
On Sat 15 Sep at 8:55am D J SAIT wrote:
Nonsense. Great shop always friendly, actually sell stuff you want, which is increasingly rare in Lewes.
On Sat 15 Sep at 10:12am Rooks Fan wrote:
It's good they are still around. Screwfix must have taken a lot of their trade.
On Sat 15 Sep at 10:43am Horseman7 wrote:
Perhaps you were unlucky Jill, or maybe I've always been fortunate. I've always found them to be pleasant, polite, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Of course they don't stock everything but I always enjoy trying them first.
On Sat 15 Sep at 11:05am Savvy Shopper wrote:
The majority of the items that they sell are extremely expensive. Shop around, and grab the best deals. Loyalty to a brand/shop drains the wallet!
On Sat 15 Sep at 11:29am walter wrote:
Shopping around kills high streets Savvy Shopper. And there's something to be said about loyalty - it's often reciprocal. I know that's true of the businesses and trades that 'look after' me in Lewes. However I have to say loyalty to 'brands' is an alien concept to me.
On Sat 15 Sep at 12:19pm Shopman wrote:
Bunces considerably better service than a few years ago when it was worth going into just to see how bad it was. I don't think it's accurate to talk of high streets dying. All the shops could become houses again. It would be no more dead than the road you live on.
On Sat 15 Sep at 2:09pm You won't beat Isenhurst wrote:
petrol station for a miserable sod on the till
On Sat 15 Sep at 2:37pm @walter wrote:
Bunces is in most large towns, I donít get the logic of preferring to high street clones. As for 16 thumbs up for contradicting yourself, it doesnt surprise me, lots of people pretending they know what a hammer is.
On Sat 15 Sep at 5:20pm Hello? wrote:
@Jill, they were like that a few years ago, but in recent years they've been great, so I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. It's a great shop full of useful things.
On Sat 15 Sep at 8:07pm @walter wrote:
I have no doubt that you rely more on Bunceís than Wickle or Closet and Botts. However, you canít deride those shops for contributing to a clone high street. They are independents - just ones that sell pretty items as opposed to necessary ones. Those who run them do live at least live in the town (though may fall under the category of not having been here for several thousands of years and a billion generations as seems to be the requisite standard on this forum). Itís all about choice. If youíre anti clone, then get on your high horse about the millions of estate agents and the likes of Argos, Fat Face, Moutain Trail (or whatever itís called), White Stuff etc.

On Mon 17 Sep at 1:27pm Bunces wrote:
Went to buy some lightbulbs there a couple of years back and was told - in a very grumpy tone - 'we don't sell long-life lightbulbs, our customers don't want them and it's a passing fad'.
None of which was true then or now. Made me rather concerned about their knowledge and/or attitude to customers. Never been back.

8 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mercury and Magnesium 96:137
Mercury and Magnesium

I guess Topps will move out and McD's will pull down the units and build one of their satellite units that you see all over the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the smell of parafin that hangs around the town during the bonfire season.
Me