Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Ginger asking for money?`

On Thu 12 Jul at 12:24pm Not Giving Money wrote:
Anyone come across this young red-head woman, always asking for 70p, in the town? She looks like early twenties and has stopped me twice in the last week and asked if I can spare 70p.
Funny she has an exact figure in mind, not just "any spare change".
On Thu 12 Jul at 12:27pm Ginger Minger wrote:
Red hat too ?
On Thu 12 Jul at 12:28pm Not Giving Money wrote:
No, just red hair.
On Thu 12 Jul at 12:33pm Guy wrote:
Yes she's a regular beggar but better dressed. Was in the JHT when she was shaking anyone down because she needed hair colour from Argos to sort out her hair. Unfortunate but just another desperate girl cadging for money.
On Thu 12 Jul at 12:38pm Inflation wrote:
Way back when ......Mountfield road Grammar went Comprehensive......The girls appeared, and there was one in my class who was always saying "lend us a tanner" I can see her face ( skinhead lass ) but can't remember her name - Anyone remember her ?
On Thu 12 Jul at 2:52pm Outraged wrote:
It bothered and upset you so much that you had to come on here and share your terrible encounter? I hope you findsomething better to do tomorrow.
On Thu 12 Jul at 4:09pm Brown hair wrote:
She is normally outside Waitrose asking for money for either the bus or breakfast. She targets the elderley.
On Thu 12 Jul at 4:34pm Hexanchus7 wrote:
Well I am not elderly and she stopped me on the bridge last week at 08.30 asking for 70p. I told her that she had stopped my husband a few days before and he had given her money so I knew her tricks. She was speechless for a moment and when I walked away she shouted abuse at me, " You f....g cow, you don't know about my life, I'm homeless, that's why I'm out here!"
On Thu 12 Jul at 4:38pm Not Giving Money wrote:
And that's the point, Hexanchus7, if she's homeless and hoping for people to give her money, she shouldn't be rude to them.
On Thu 12 Jul at 4:42pm Gus wrote:
Does anyone remember the beggar in Brighton who used to stride around shouting "ONLY 10! ONLY 10p". We had it cheap then!
On Thu 12 Jul at 5:37pm No Pot Pourri wrote:
I have seen her several times in the last couple of weeks.
I also remember the 10p guy in Brighton. Unusual and it seemed eccentric at the time and I don't think he was resented. Now begging here by smack heads is so commonplace it just ruins the town for everyone else.
On Thu 12 Jul at 8:19pm Bipartisan wrote:
Yeah, I've met that woman. Pretty annoying, if I'm honest. But (nd this is no excuse for her actions) she's clearly suffering from a drug addiction. So who does this lead us to blame? Each other. End result? Divide and rule. Unless we realise who the real enemies are, we don't stand a chance to make our world better.
On Thu 12 Jul at 9:28pm Chad wrote:
10p man was very polite.Distressed gentleman I believe,or as the Americans say,a temporarily embarrassed millionaire.
On Thu 12 Jul at 10:26pm Moon wrote:
@bipartisan who is the enemy I suppose you're going to say the Tories. I know her and she chose drugs over her kids so no sympathy
On Fri 13 Jul at 8:16am Beam wrote:
Were the kids taken away ?
On Fri 13 Jul at 12:41pm Sue wrote:
There's a difference between sitting in a corner with a hat & asking for spare change, and someone walking up to you, then asking for money.. I've had this 70p woman do it, and a man in Pinwell (same man did it twice).
On Fri 13 Jul at 1:57pm Tenpence wrote:
Blimey, tenpence is going back a bit. I remember him from the late 80s . He was a real character - he was quite particular about the amount - even when you apologised and said you only had 20p. But not like some of the intimidating beggars today.
On Sat 14 Jul at 10:39pm Reality wrote:
Shes a vile individual who has been at that game for many years, amazes me how many believe her story...just dont give her any money it just adds to her cycle of woe

19 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Kingston Windmill 49:137
Kingston Windmill

I have nothing against people who want to spend their money in Waitrose. It is quite eye wateringly expensive though. ... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV