Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Computer Hacking

On Wed 13 Jun at 6:56pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Another large conglomerate has been hacked and 5.9 million people have had their information looked at. Not to mention the Totally Shoddy Bank. Shouldn't we all be concerned that computers really aren't the answer we thought them to be. These days they fly planes, sail liners and cargo ship, run medical operations, operate at every level of our lives even drawing the curtains ! Alexa Get Me Out Of Here !!
On Wed 13 Jun at 7:10pm Archie wrote:
Personally I'm not bothered about information hacking. If the computers (who make my life much easier) want to steal my account details then fine - they'll be able to pay off my overdraft.
On Wed 13 Jun at 7:13pm Bob wrote:
Great Archie, let's hope you get all that's coming to you.
On Wed 13 Jun at 7:28pm Dickie wrote:
"Shouldn't we all be concerned that computers really aren't the answer we thought them to be."
You seem to think that it is the computer that is at fault here, when in fact it is human error as well as a massive failure in server security. Companies need to pay more attention to how they store information. Most, if not all data breaches are due to poor security and outdated software ( as well as unpatched) being used.

On Fri 15 Jun at 10:50am Not Bill Gates wrote:
No, computers aren't the weak link, operators of computers are. Please stop spreading stupid ideas about how computers are weakly secured, especially considering its a human that programs it.
No system is ever fully infallible, but stop posting inflammatory content on technology that you don't understand because you set your Facebook password to "Password1" and someone guessed it and outed you

32 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 51:137
Lewes antiques centre

@Mavis. I think it is mainly only Labour and similar voters who post on this forum these days. The standard of many of the... more
Brighton Jobs
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina

Job search

Advertise a Job
for £10

Upload your CV