Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Not long to go

On Tue 12 Jun at 5:11pm World Cup excitement wrote:
Anyone else getting excited? Where's the best atmosphere for watching? (Want to be surrounded by patriotic England fans obviously, not the Russian supporting Brexiter type of people).
On Tue 12 Jun at 5:13pm Ha wrote:
I do wonder how Brexiters can call themselves patriotic when it's increasingly clear all the lies they believe about the EU are Russian propaganda. That's why every Brexiter talks about their opinion and "will of the people" but can't find a single fact to support their arguments.
On Tue 12 Jun at 5:14pm Jackme off wrote:
Tally Ho would be perfect for you my little snowflake
On Tue 12 Jun at 5:39pm Bobby wrote:
I do love the way footie unites the nation..
On Tue 12 Jun at 6:07pm endoftheouse wrote:
Throwing the beer in the air when the lions score. Can't wait. Together we are stronger.
On Tue 12 Jun at 6:19pm Berty wrote:
I'm going to watch it in the Elly. Might drive there in my Land Rover, it'll be a collectors item soon now they are moving production to the EU because of Brexit.
On Tue 12 Jun at 6:38pm 3 games then were out. wrote:
I'd rather watch The Rooks.
On Tue 12 Jun at 7:47pm Staying in wrote:
Watched by idiots, played by idiots. Hoping we drop out as soon as possible and everybody cries like girls then grows up a bit.
On Tue 12 Jun at 8:57pm Rooks Fan wrote:
World cup = Mickey Mouse. Roll on August and the return of real football at The Pan.
Come On You Rooks!!!!!!!
On Tue 12 Jun at 9:16pm Hmm! wrote:
First 3 posts on this thread in 3 minutes. I think someone is talking to themselves.
On Tue 12 Jun at 10:59pm Clifford wrote:
Ha wrote: 'I do wonder how Brexiters can call themselves patriotic when it's increasingly clear all the lies they believe about the EU are Russian propaganda.'

Brexit vote - all Russia's fault. Any criticism of Israeli government policies - anti-Semitism. Everyone saw through your childish nonsense some time ago, so why bother.
On Tue 12 Jun at 11:07pm Footlose wrote:
I was excited about the World Cup when I was a boy, but I grew out of it. I envy those adults who are still excited by things like Christmas and the World Cup.
On Wed 13 Jun at 12:30am Footballman wrote:
I've never known expectations for England to be so low going into a tournament. Still looking forward to it. I am lead to believe it is a funny old game.
On Wed 13 Jun at 5:18am Horseman7 wrote:
I do love a wallchart and mine's at the ready.
On Wed 13 Jun at 7:10am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'm all ready for it.
Got a big stash of books to read for all those evenings where there's nothing worth watching on tv because it's all footie and repeats of Midsomer Murders, got a few weekends away planned to avoid all the endless post- and pre- match chat, all I need now is to check the schedule for England games so that I can avoid the town centre in the aftermath, and all those sweaty men with beerguts, roaming the streets pissed and shouting Eng-er-land...
Now, when does Wimbledon start?
On Wed 13 Jun at 10:38am Guy wrote:
I agree that my enthusiasm for international football has waned over the years, but I'll still watch it. I fear though the usual repeat performance of England playing like Barcelona in qualifying and friendlies only to crumple when the pressure comes on.
On Wed 13 Jun at 6:05pm Bored of Brexit wrote:
The funny thing is that the Brexiters push to undermine democracy yesterday with the rushing through of many crucial Brexit bills without debate has backfired. Firstly parliamentary sovereignty was handed over to the government, secondly the Irish border amendments were approved. This essentially keeps us in a single market and a customs union (read what Ken Clarke and others are saying about it if you don't believe me). To stay in those means we have to keep freedom of movement and regulatory alignment. This happened without debate and is now legally binding. Brexit in name only in other words.

On Thu 14 Jun at 5:00pm Old les wrote:
Aaarrrggggghhhhhh

On Thu 14 Jun at 5:38pm bian wrote:
LGBT

18 posts left

Your response

Reserve your name
You must log in to use that name
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms