Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

late night shopping?

On 16 Dec 2010 at 3:59pm Kat wrote:
Could anyone tell me if it is late night shopping in Lewes tonight? If so, what are the timings? Many thanks.

On 16 Dec 2010 at 4:04pm Maria 205 wrote:
Late night shopping is on tonight in lewes, and starts at 6:00 - 9ish.

On 16 Dec 2010 at 5:19pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
That's if anyone turns up. The traffic sign on the Southerham roundabout states "LEWES TOWN CENTRE CLOSE".
That's really clever.

On 16 Dec 2010 at 5:52pm Dave wrote:
Well it is fairly close to Southerham roundabout

On 16 Dec 2010 at 6:01pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
I thought it was the content that was the point really, but never mind Dave, yes it was 30 yards from it. Hopefully people will have forgotten in those 30 yards.
On 16 Dec 2010 at 6:05pm tescos is king wrote:
had the misfortune to drive through the town at about 5pm tonight. The town and its high street looked drab, dull, boring and not in the slightest bit festive. The lack of street decorations is unbelievable for a town this size and i for one, will not be going tonight or spending any of my hard earned cash in this dump of a town.
On 16 Dec 2010 at 6:57pm Deelite wrote:
Good. Go somewhere else and stay there.

On 16 Dec 2010 at 8:58pm Curious. wrote:
I was down the Cliffe at about 5.30 today and the familiar smell of onions wafted through the air.Very reminiscant of Bonfire Night.The tacky balloon and glow in the dark tat man took his place outside Supadrug...Hot chestnuts outside Julian Graves...I just hope it was busy.It was bitterley cold so I went home.And Yes,the deccies could be better but we bang on about this every year and they never improve.
Beautiful tree in the Cliffe precinct,shame about the awful blue lights.

On 16 Dec 2010 at 10:02pm Independent thinker wrote:
Went with the kids and had a great time. Two Santas, loads of pies and cakes, plenty of mulled wine, cider and whatever it was Harvey's was serving which was delicious, and several pressies sorted. Quieter than usual but not too bad given the last minute rearranging and the miserable weather at the start. Would love it if Lewes had proper decorations but given up hoping for those.

On 16 Dec 2010 at 11:52pm pandemonia wrote:
A great triumph for the Tubthumpers, apparently so couldn't have been very quiet!

On 17 Dec 2010 at 5:30am Panda wrote:
aa-aaa-AAA-TISH-oooooo!
ooh sorry
I am all bunged up and thingk I have a heavy cold
aa-aaa-Tish-ooo!
this is awful I feel so poorly - everything aches SOO much

On 17 Dec 2010 at 7:59am Deelite wrote:
Swine flu is back. Have you been oinking?

h**p://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8741861.Three_Sussex_cases_of_swine_flu_confirmed/

On 17 Dec 2010 at 8:25am Chav wrote:
I went Landport late night shoppin last night. Not a lot to be had. Think I'll try Nevil late night shoppin tonight, Remember you lot. Doors on the latch please. Or at least key under the pot.
Seaford next. You ready Phil?

On 17 Dec 2010 at 4:42pm I dont live in lewes... wrote:
Yup ready Chav.
When you're up here please don't slip on the ice or snow... I don't want you suing me.
Suppose you heard on the news that Lewes Magistrate's court is closing through lack of interest... wondering where you'll have to go to now mate?
PhilX

On 17 Dec 2010 at 6:20pm Reggie wrote:
Lewes being Lewes the wide majority couldn't handle the town being decorated nicely. Brighton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath to name a few can decorate their town nicely and properly without it looking cheesey. But Lewes can't even decorate like they used to. Some shops put out the iccicles (spelling*) on their shop which just makes it look like a back street in East London.
Its a pointless task having late night shopping when the town isn't even christmassy and you can't drive in. Suprised no one got a parking ticket, hate for them to miss a chance!

On 17 Dec 2010 at 6:39pm Lewes hater wrote:
All it needs is for a few of the greedy councillors to cancel their freebie beanos to France and Germany and we'd be able to afford some decorations

On 17 Dec 2010 at 6:47pm Deelite wrote:
Oh god now you again. Go somewhere else and stay there. Burgess Hill might suit you.

On 20 Dec 2010 at 9:01am u.f.o. wrote:
you got to take out a morgage to shop in lewes

On 20 Dec 2010 at 9:05am u.f.o. wrote:
plus its the most depressing place on earth for this time of year

On 20 Dec 2010 at 9:08am u.f.o. wrote:
at least other towns put more of an efffort then lewes

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool