Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

last chance

On 27 Aug 2015 at 2:46pm thinker wrote:
In the next few weeks the National Park will close its letter box to views by the public to the industrial estate. I would like to encourage members of bonfire societies to take this oppotunity to write to the National Park to express any concerns they may have about the imapct the many developments, including the 49 sites, in and around Lewes may be about to have on bonfire, whether it be the lack of support from new people to loss of bonfire sites/sheds or even the feeling of the whole thing being pushed further and further out of the town. This is an issue that has not arisen before, and they need to know that societies have a stake in this town under "communities". It is also perhaps time to think about UNESCO status for bonfire so that developments have to take it inot account. One for BONCO.
On 27 Aug 2015 at 4:11pm Redballs wrote:
F##k me next you will be telling us bonfire boys are a separate race.
On 27 Aug 2015 at 9:05pm thinker wrote:
For those that are interested, think about the future of your fire sites. If it concerns you, take this chance to tell the National Park why it's all important to you.
On 28 Aug 2015 at 9:38am ClicketyYak wrote:
When will they think of the children...oh the suffering!
On 28 Aug 2015 at 11:31pm Local wrote:
They're not building over green space; they're re-developing a brownfield eyesore.
I don't like your desperate attempts to rouse support for the folk who have been lucky enough to benefit from unrealistically low rents since the financial misfortune of the previous landlord.
I notice that the crusty-vans are spreading to Jirah and Pelham Terrace. Nice. I wonder where they go to the toilet?

On 30 Aug 2015 at 8:27am thinker wrote:
For those of you who are involved in bonfire and understand the fragility possibly imposed on our tradition by the planned 49 sites, and those of you who understand fallout zones, please let the National Park know that your tradition may be affetced by the proposed sites.
To the rest of you, stop concentrating on your petty dislikes.

On 30 Aug 2015 at 9:26am Red wrote:
I don't think its an eyesore at all. In fact I think its more attractive than some of the recent developments around the town, like the HQ gallery and neighbouring houses and the terrace up on Western road (who approved those bricks?)

On 30 Aug 2015 at 7:44pm thinker wrote:
This isn't about planning as much as bonfire and the affects of planning on the tradition.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy