frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

jobs page on this site

On 4 Jul 2014 at 4:16pm bastian wrote:
I just looked, out of interest and this is the specification for a job. Really, it is, look for yourself. Is this one of those "not real "jobs that they put out there for poeple to apply to so it looks as if there are loads of jobs. (see channel 4 documentry)
The role has two functions; for the priority we are looking for Environment artists is to take levels from white box to final stunning in game quality. Prettying levels is a skill in itself, selecting and making best use of asset content. The successful candidate would be able to demonstrate a strong innovative flair to building up and prettying from base white box levels. As a secondary part of the role, we also want the candidates to be able to author in game assets to the latest in game standard. This would form a lesser role and would integrate as schedules allow.
Mad mad world.

On 4 Jul 2014 at 4:28pm Town Flyer wrote:
It would take someone who can't really read or write to understand that!
Some would say that any of today's school leavers.
On 4 Jul 2014 at 4:36pm trooper wrote:
"Bastian" Thank you for that posting I was having a slow day so it provided me with entertainment reading it several times and I am still none the wiser. Are you sure its not a joke just to wind us all up ???

On 4 Jul 2014 at 5:02pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Looks to me like an ad for a graphic artist to add textures and graphics to a basic 3d model, probabyl for a computer game. One person will be responsible for the 3d modelling itself and then they'd employ someone else to paint/draw/design the texture skin that lays on top to make it look like a real object. It's likely a highly skilled role that only someone with the right combination of artistic talent and technical know-how would be able to manage.

With any job ad like that they are appealing to a certain type of person. In this case, if you don't understand the advert then you almost certainly aren't the person they're looking for. I've seen job ads in the past for engineering jobs that look like they're written in code but I would imagine that a person with the right qualifications and experience to do the job would make perfect sense of it.

On 4 Jul 2014 at 6:04pm Zzz.. wrote:
Yeah, its obviously a job ad for someone to pretty up an electronic game. Where've you been Bastian?

On 4 Jul 2014 at 6:58pm trooper wrote:
My thanks for the postings with the explanation, very illuminating.It is true as is said "You learn something new every day" again thank you.
On 5 Jul 2014 at 9:37am bastian wrote:
It used to be called "mapping " and "rendering in the old days, you know, about ten years ago, now it's just a load of b*ll*cks spewed out to look like a joke.

On 5 Jul 2014 at 11:57am Ed Can Do wrote:
Haha, I think the computer game industry has moved on a touch from texture mapping. In fairness, the ad does have a fair bit of management speak in it. Reading it again it looks more like the succesful candidate will be adding scenery elements to create the in-game world from existing, finished objects rather than creating the textures themselves so it's perhaps more of a set design role than a painting job.

On 5 Jul 2014 at 7:34pm Yosser Arafat wrote:
Giza job

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mount Caburn 92:132
Mount Caburn

The egrets way is only suitable for mountain bikes. The majority of people cycling on the Newhaven road are on road bikes.
It... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams