Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

i360 Brighton

On 9 Sep 2016 at 12:07am Adele wrote:
A corporate party spent 2 hours trapped inside the pod this evening, due to a technical fault. Passengers were requested to all move over to one side of the pod to level up the balance. The fire brigade were called to free everyone. BA kept pretty quiet about the free bar and toilets during the emergency. This whole thing has been a PR disaster, from the late opening, opening fireworks delayed, and being pretty lame when they did go off late as well as a week late too. The base is still pretty much a building site too. Oh, did I mention the heavily pregnant woman involved ?
On 9 Sep 2016 at 12:20am Earl of Lewes wrote:
What a shambles! It's an eyesore. I was very sorry to see that the Brighton Eye has now gone, replaced by a tacky-looking pizza place. Was anyone in Brighton asked if they wanted the Eye replaced with what looks like a very tall chimney?
On 9 Sep 2016 at 5:56am Rookie wrote:
I think its sad that the West Pier has been replaced by a tacky observation tower.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 9:13am Sussex Jim wrote:
There was a picture in the Argus of the sea view from the top of the isore. It depicted the remains of the West Pier. I don't think I will be paying for a flight- sorry, trip in a lift- to see that.
On 9 Sep 2016 at 11:03am Shambles wrote:
The i360 has always looked like a pink phallus penetrating a sphincter. Rather ironic, as you'd be royally buggered to part with money to go on that thing.

On 9 Sep 2016 at 11:48am stevet wrote:
Everyone I know who has been on it has enjoyed it, and I am looking forward to trying it myself. When it was first proposed and given planning permission in 2006 there was very little opposition, it's only the more recent funding arrangements that ruffled a few feathers. Apparently it's hit 100,000 visitors already so seems to be doing well. As for yesterday's incident, well it got the i360 in all the national newspapers again, and there's no such thing as bad publicity as they say!
On 9 Sep 2016 at 12:12pm Just me wrote:
I quite liked it. The views were really good
On 9 Sep 2016 at 9:03pm Zsolthimself wrote:
It's so spooky. I saw a night garden or something similar kid's program yesterday where a space ship was stuck in a tree and they all had to jump around to get it free. I was supposedly the adult in charge of an 18 month old relative at the time. I guess we can learn useful survival techniques from kid's tv. (If we can stay awake long enough.)

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

No it was earthquakes, not dust mites. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa