Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

homeless in lewes

On 7 Feb 2017 at 6:15pm bemused wrote:
i've always tried to have empathy for those less fortunate than myself, and if i see a homeless person sleeping in a doorway, i have often sat and had a chat with them. just to see if i can offer them any kind of hot meal or if they need anything, clothes bedding ect. (never money, as it will probably go on some thing to distract them from there day to day life). but i have to say i walked into town the other day, and the "Homeless" chap sitting under the archway in town, had better clothes than me, A very clean Northface coat, Northface rucksack, 5.5" smart phone, all in all i have to say, in no way did he look destitute, and in need of begging.
On 7 Feb 2017 at 6:25pm Blatant Liar wrote:
Lewes tramps have really upped their game since the dfl invasion
North face indeed !!!
I had one recently ask me if I could spare 12 quid for a ball of twine!!!
You couldn't make it up
On 7 Feb 2017 at 7:19pm Sympathiser wrote:
Its important to be wary of scammers and we have all seen the sensational stories of people begging as a job and driving flashy cars and renting a nice flat.
However, these are by far and away the exception and the groups of beggars and rough sleepers dont necessarily overlap. Homelessness is a massive issue in England and if someone is actually obviously sleeping rough, for example surrounded by what appears to be a sleeping bag and some possessions, its likely they arent up to anything & deserve sympathy at the very least. When you look at the stats re violence, mental health and substance abuse, its pretty likely that no-one on this forum would actually choose that life.
So be wary of frauds, but retain humanity. Being homeless is a terrible situation that no-one would take as an option unless they had to.
On 7 Feb 2017 at 10:12pm Pedant wrote:
Bemused you have empathy with and sympathy for. People seem to think empathy is a posher way of saying sympathy. It isn't.
On 8 Feb 2017 at 10:20am Pedro wrote:
Why don't we introduce stocks? We can humiliate these SCUM bags who are ruining our middle-class lives with their very existence, and they won't receive a penny of our hard-earned. Then we can torch their real 5 bedroom homes that they most definitely live in, so then they can be genuinely homeless for a change. Just to be safe, we will set alight the convertible Audis on the drive, so they can't get shelter there either.

If they want a fix of heroin, lets inject them with dirty needles in their eyeballs while they are in the stocks. Its the kind thing to do, and means they won't remember the passers-by who can spit on them and lob rotten tomatoes at them for being such a public nuisance and upsetting our town feng-shui.

So raise your pitchforks and "Vote Pedro", and I'll clean up this town of SCUM, so you can finally live your lives in peace and quiet without the tyranny of street vermin. Together We Can Make Lewes Great Again.
On 8 Feb 2017 at 11:36am @pedro wrote:
go away....you are as middle class as anyone...bet you have pot dinner parties
On 8 Feb 2017 at 11:51am Pedro wrote:
I already said in my previous post I was middle-class

But alas, no "pot dinner parties". I would prefer to call them "munchies nights". Unfortunately not everyone I know is as open minded about these things as I am, as they can't see beyond the decades of propaganda demonising a plant.

On 8 Feb 2017 at 11:54am anon wrote:
lol
On 8 Feb 2017 at 6:30pm pearliegirliestar wrote:
Ask yourself. Have you ever seen a homeless person asleep or awake in Lewes after 8pm. No. Because, they don't exist after 8pm, because they go home. I don't know if it is here or in Brighton but I have never seen a single person asleep in a doorway, in the summer or winter. I will say I saw someone maybe 7 years ago or so asleep in the bank that had the carpeted cash point on the high street but even then I wasn't convinced they needed to they seemed super well equipped.
On 8 Feb 2017 at 6:44pm angel wrote:
Not true Pearlie, there are a couple of rough sleepers regularly in doorways in Cliffe High St and the passage to the car park. I see them at 5.15 am when I'm walking to the station. And I've seen people still begging on the streets past 8pm at night, especially Cliffe bridge. I know of two who are rough sleeping in sheds and one camping under Phoenix bridge. It's very worrying in really cold weather and there are no emergency shelters in Lewes.
On 9 Feb 2017 at 7:48am Scoobydoo wrote:
Its the same beggers all the time they always sit in town wanting money they are really convincing to people who dont know them but societychas made the pretend to be homelessmost of them do have flats and somewhere to go everynight but choose not to prob cause they have no idea where they are due to the drugs they have in there system the police are fully aware of whats going on but all they do is move them on and then find somewhere else to sit it will always be a problem as they get offered help but refuse it constantly

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 56:143
Lewes Arms Lads

Good ol' Brexit hey more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams
Brighton Jobs