Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

graffiti

On 7 Apr 2013 at 4:09pm jonnyboy wrote:
Graffiti opposite the Elly and all round the precinct. W H Smith, LLoyds bank and the walls of the carpark and toilets all sprayed with black paint. Anarchist symbols and "burn the banks" and "F... you and F... your taxes" written and the ticket machine put out of action too. The precinct looks bad enough without this!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:20pm EXtra wrote:
Appalled. Welcome to tourist town and gateway to the National Park, Lewes.
And what about the cameras and Neighbourhood Police Patrols at night?

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:27pm Old Cynic wrote:
I noticed the same this morning - hope the council gets it cleaned up asap. Perhaps the rat infested piles of rubbish behind the Volly could be cleared up too - saw some whopping big rodents here this morning!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 5:54pm Sam spam wrote:
Maybe these graffiti artists think the county would look better covered in their rubbish.....well I think not and hope they get to opportunity to remove it themselves which should fill up the rest of their school holidays nicely!

On 7 Apr 2013 at 6:05pm uckersbarry wrote:
glad i moved out when i did sounds like a right stink pit prostitutes on the corner next lol

On 7 Apr 2013 at 6:59pm Sue wrote:
I don't think that it would be kids on their schools holidays, its the work of naive adults who think that with a bit of graffiti you can smash the state. I'm all for sticking it to the man but not when it makes the local community look a mess. The alleyway between Smiths, Laura Ashley and the back of he Volly needs to be cleaned up, that stupid raised brick block full of rubbish needs to go, what's it there for?

On 7 Apr 2013 at 7:32pm sunshine lucas wrote:
Indeed... every few months someone seems to feel the need to get the spray paint out... there's two 'active' at the moment it seems. The one with the squiggly writing - see box opposite top of Keere St... and our supposed anarchist friend this weekend who has done a wide-ranging job in town with some choice language thrown in which at least means some of it will get removed quickly... Only way to counteract it is to clean it / cover it up as soon as possible...

On 7 Apr 2013 at 8:25pm Local wrote:
And there's loads of dayglo stuff along the Avenue too. Can't be much of those colours sold...

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pool Perspective 105:143
Pells Pool Perspective

I hope my red right hand will be ok;) more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa