Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

frog spawn

On 16 Mar 2011 at 7:16pm canoeman wrote:
There doesn't seem to be much frog spawn this year in my local ponds. Have other people noticed this or is it just me?

On 16 Mar 2011 at 7:58pm MC wrote:
There's some progs spawn in new garden ponds here in Barcombe. But I'm always puzzled why there Is so little in the river, streams and ditches roundabout and why frogs and frogspawn seems so much more prevalent in friends ponds in Brighton. Currently Barcombe seems to be the warzone between the native frogs and the invading, noisy and more robust European Marsh Frogs, which march on and see our smaller native frogs off. The marsh frogs really are very noisy and some villagers complain of being kept awake by them.

On 16 Mar 2011 at 9:45pm Old Cynic wrote:
Amphibians generally are having a hard time

On 17 Mar 2011 at 1:22am MuttsNuts wrote:
Bloody frogs!

On 17 Mar 2011 at 9:21am Go home wrote:
Yeah I hate the French

On 17 Mar 2011 at 10:34am Vesbod wrote:
I have quite a lot of frog spawn in my fish pond - where the frogs came from I just don't know !! Must have at least a dozen adult frogs - I'd have some frog legs for supper if I could just catch the blighters !!

On 17 Mar 2011 at 10:50am Tadpole wrote:
You need to look on the top shelf of a French newsagents, you will find loads there!

On 17 Mar 2011 at 4:47pm jrsussex wrote:
I used to have ponds, strange thing is that if you dig a hole in the ground in the middle of nowhere, fill it with water, within a few months at most you will have frogs. Where do they come from? It's one of mother natures mysteries.

On 20 Mar 2011 at 11:54pm Jude wrote:
Do frogs die after mating ? We have several frogs in our pond, but one appears to have been exhausted/killed off/ put in coma by the effort of weeks of clinging to its mate and producing loads of frog spawn.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 26:132
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

Just noticed. TP started "Quote of the Moment", although it's hard to understand what it's for. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine