Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

firework phobia & dogs

On 3 May 2008 at 12:07pm ju ju wrote:
Before any one assumes i am anti bonfire i am a member of bonfire and love it!
I am studying canine behaviour and us students have been asked to try and set up a low cost session for any one with dogs who suffer with fire work phobia, would anyone be intrested in taking part.
NOW IS THE TIME TO START THINKING ABOUT THE NEXT BONFIRE SEASON.

On 5 May 2008 at 7:33am sashimi wrote:
I have two dogs that are very nervous of fireworks. Nov 5 is fine, even the big bang first thing in the morning - because we know what's happening and we send them away to relatives nearby. That works extra fine because everyone who wants to make a noise heads for Lewes and the countryside is unnaturally quiet. Unexpected displays cause great distress. Ju ju: if you want to do some serious research, leave a contact and I'll be in touch.

On 5 May 2008 at 10:05am ju ju wrote:
Hi sashimi,GREAT to get a response,i am very serious,i would not be studying canine behaviour if i didnt think i could be of help.Firework displays that are unexpected are avery big issue,but there are ways that can maybe ease the level of stress that the dogs are put underPlease email me on, Jmewett@btinternet.com

On 6 May 2008 at 9:57pm juju wrote:
I would like to thank the people that have responded to my plea,and all without an ounce of sarcasum! thankyou. i fully intend to see that some sort of session is set up and i would hope that this will be done without any disrespect being shown to bonfire celebrations, after all this is about the dogs, not about laying blame.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Elly Angel 114:132
The Elly Angel

Possibly calling them may have answered your question more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine