Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

family@war.co.uk

 
4
On 1 Dec 2011 at 2:10pm Grandparent wrote:
I was sad to hear that a child in Sussex was killed yesterday in an accident when children would normally be at school. R.I.P.
There were also 2 more children who were badly injured in accidents, again they would normally be at school.
These were only 3 instances that I am aware of but I wonder how many occurred nationwide?



 
5
On 1 Dec 2011 at 2:18pm Grandparent wrote:
I was sad to hear that a child in Sussex was killed yesterday in an accident when children would normally be at school. R.I.P.
There were also 2 more children who were badly injured in accidents, again they would normally be at school.
These were only 3 instances that I am aware of but I wonder how many occurred nationwide?
 
2
On 1 Dec 2011 at 3:18pm williamdyer wrote:
Tragic news about the death, but doing some quick online calculations that injury figure is significantly lower than you might expect from children AT school. (ROSPA data using HASSLASS database basically averages out at 8 injuries/day of children 5-14 in school) Also remember that there will have been a significant reduction in workplace injuries in those that were on strike.
I'm assuming your point is that the strike shouldn't have taken place because of risk to children's health?
5
1
On 1 Dec 2011 at 3:58pm Research the facts wrote:
Political point scoring is not appropriate. The poor boy was a pupil at Worth Abbey School, where teachers were not on strike. It is a tragic death.

Check it out here »
3
 
On 1 Dec 2011 at 4:04pm Southover Queen wrote:
I'm sorry, Grandparent, that's just repugnant. This forum knows all about repugnant posts, but that really takes the proverbial biscuit.
5
1
On 1 Dec 2011 at 4:42pm Deelite wrote:
Yes. That's really not very nice at all. I hope you are ashamed of yourself.
4
 
On 1 Dec 2011 at 4:54pm Clifford wrote:
I'm sure we're all waiting avidly for Grandparent to com back and apologise for inaccuracy in what she or he wrote in view of what Research the facts has shown.

We're going to have a long wait though, because Grandparent is a Tory smear-artist.
3
 
On 1 Dec 2011 at 6:35pm Dingo wrote:
Typical disgusting lying ,Tory crap.I smell a stinking Vulture.
5
1
On 2 Dec 2011 at 12:21am Expat two wrote:
That really is pretty cheap. Dirty tricks at play from the Tories no doubt.
4
1
On 2 Dec 2011 at 1:52am Dingo wrote:
If you ever doubted for one second that you were on the right side in this battle then"Grandparent`s" disgusting lying crap should quickly reassure you.
1
2
On 2 Dec 2011 at 8:06am observer wrote:
Sounds like Grandparent is in the same league as that horrible digusting vile bloke Jeremy Clarkson.
1
2
On 2 Dec 2011 at 12:16pm Clifford wrote:
I suppose the difference is, observer, Clarkson has apologised but there's still no sign of Grandparent. Sense of shame I suppose.
2
1
On 2 Dec 2011 at 5:38pm Ed Can Do wrote:
The other difference is that Clarkson has been largely quoted out of context and was clearly making a joke by which a lot of people seemed to have wanted to have been offended. Probably all the same people who wrote in to the BBC to complain about Jesus the musical being shown before they'd even seen it. Never let the facts or context get in the way of righteous indignation eh?
2
2
On 2 Dec 2011 at 5:56pm observer wrote:
Regardless of your response i STILL SEE HIM AS AN UNTALENTED mickey taking prat. Obviously you are one of his misguided fans.
 
 
On 2 Dec 2011 at 11:54pm Peasant wrote:
Clarkson. Grandparent. What is our society coming to.
There are quite a lot of nice people about though, too.
Perhaps we need the odd Clarkson & Grandparent to help us appreciate them.


22 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Castle from below 61:132
Lewes Castle from below

She’s going to have to get there early and park on the outskirts
And still pee off the local residents
There’s no cheap... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde