Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

excessive cannabis usage in lewes

8
17
On Tue 8 Oct at 12:27pm southstreetman wrote:
everywhere i go in lewes i see yutes smoking marijuana cigarettes (mostly around the cliffe area), where do you see people doing it and what can we do to stop it. ITS RUINING OUR TOWNS IMAGE
11
22
On Tue 8 Oct at 12:44pm Tommy wrote:
I'd recommend carrying a spray bottle at all times to put them out at need
20
21
On Tue 8 Oct at 1:49pm Nevillman wrote:
As I can't recall seeing anyone smoking joints on the streets of Lewes, I wonder if saying "everywhere I go in Lewes" isn't just a little bit of an exaggeration. What is our town's image anyway? Personally I think poor grammar on the lewes forum is worse for it.
20
28
On Tue 8 Oct at 1:52pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
I see people smoking weed around town quite often. I really quite like smell and i donít think itís doing me or anyone else any harm.
Given the proven health benefits of cannabis itís probably actually doing us all a homeopathic amount of good.
19
22
On Tue 8 Oct at 2:43pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I don't believe "excessive cannabis usage" is even possible
14
25
On Tue 8 Oct at 2:59pm Tommy wrote:
@Janet Street Preacher I'm sorry but inhaling half tobacco half diesel soaked leaf is not doing anyone any good. I for one can't stand the smell of it and it seems to get everywhere. I don't care if people do it or not but don't force me to endure it. Do it somewhere private.
14
18
On Tue 8 Oct at 3:20pm Green Sleeves wrote:
If anyone sounded like they really needed to smoke a joint, it would be Tommy. Hamid Barr could do with a few tokes as well.

I would recommend vaping the herb on its own (in a dry herb vapour user) instead of smoking it in a spliff. Much more efficient, odours significantly reduced, far healthier - particularly on the lungs, and you don't have to introduce one of THE most addictive substances in nicotine to enjoy it.

People still like to smoke though and prefer combustion of vaporising. Live and let live I say. Pointless getting mad over so little
12
19
On Tue 8 Oct at 3:54pm Tommy wrote:
@GreenSleeves Why? Because I'm intolerant to other people enforcing their actions onto me? As usual as much logic as a doorstop
15
12
On Tue 8 Oct at 4:04pm Green Sleeves wrote:
If you're in the position where you are constantly sucking in second hand smoke, then fair enough I'd have some sympathy, but occasionally smelling weed and tobacco is no reason to get intolerant about.

Motorists (exhaust fumes just to begin with) will do more damage to your health than weed smokers ever will. They enforce dangerous carbon emissions and poisonous gases into the local air every minute of every day.
12
19
On Tue 8 Oct at 4:15pm Tommy wrote:
I know limited attention span is one of the side effects of smoking weed but please do try to stay on topic.
I've been in the grange before when some kids have come down, lit up and started playing loud music. What do then? Back in my day we were respectful enough to at least go to the corner of a park where no one was. Not just spark up in the middle of a busy area.
20
16
On Tue 8 Oct at 4:53pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I was on topic, you just didn't like my analogy because you are probably a massive hypocrite.

As for your Grange anecdote, you could always ask them politely to turn their music down (and perhaps even smoke a bit further away). People who are smoking weed are highly approachable usually, and reasonable. I thought it wouldn't take you long before you trespass into the "back in my day" nonsense though. Yeah yeah, the good old days when you could eat fish n chips out of old newspaper, and before political correctness went MAAAAAAD and you could be awful and bigoted to anyone and bury your own children in the back garden for not doing their homework blah blah (I can't recall a time when "political correctness" hadn't gone mad - withered wrinklies have been using that old chestnut since time immemorial - its generational, and now you're part of that boring, uninformed grumpy brigade).
6
20
On Tue 8 Oct at 5:02pm Tommy wrote:
Once again a load of other stuff that is irrelevant to this discussion. Good job. You, if not already should consider a career as a politician.
12
14
On Tue 8 Oct at 5:10pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Hypocrite, how has my political aspirations got anything to do with this topic??

Anyways, how many times have you let weed (and passive smoking it) ruin your day? Sounds like at least once in the Grange, you poor old thing. Must be frustrating seeing young people enjoy themselves and relaxing.
14
8
On Tue 8 Oct at 8:25pm southstreetman wrote:
tommy calm down luv x
10
9
On Tue 8 Oct at 9:07pm Bert wrote:
Weed and Bonfire in Lewes both provoke strong pro comments, I wonder if they are related ? And besides anything 'natural' 'herbal' here seems to go down well. It's very Lewes, as if that's an excuse!
5
7
On Wed 9 Oct at 12:55pm Green Sleeves wrote:
@bert "pro comments", what?
10
11
On Wed 9 Oct at 1:20pm LamDan wrote:
Ignoring the arguments as to whether Cannabis should be legalised or its medicinal benefits (with the THC removed) the reasonably widespread use of Cannabis in Lewes makes the town a prime target for County Lines dealing and all the violence and exploitation that goes hand in hand with that. Whilst Greensleeves will argue he only inhales organically grown weed nurtured lovingly by an environmentally minded horticulturist most of the stuff is dealt through criminal gangs who exploit kids and indulge in gang turf wars and knife crime. You can't condone Cannabis use with out condoning drug dealing and all that comes with that.
14
6
On Wed 9 Oct at 2:13pm Nevillman wrote:
Why do you say you are ignoring the argument about legalising cannabis lamdan? You have just given a very strong argument for legalising it? No need for the involvement of criminal gangs if it is legal.
8
6
On Wed 9 Oct at 4:10pm LamDan wrote:
Nevillman, I was just making the point that as Cannabis is illegal at present users in Lewes are customers of County Line drug dealers and therefore contributing to all the problems that go with that. If Cannabis was legal the market for types of Cannabis that could be sold legally would mostly dry up for drug dealers (unless they undercut the price of the legal product which would no doubt have excise duties applied), but they would then only sell something else, and that would probably be more damaging to society. But that is part and parcel of the argument regarding legalisation which was not the point of my post, hence why I said ignoring the arguments whether it should be legalised.
At the moment Cannabis is categorised as a class B drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 and it is an offence to possess, supply or be involved in the production of Cannabis and that is why the trade is mostly in the hands of criminal gangs and everything that goes with that. So to use Cannabis in many cases promotes the business of drug dealers and all the problems currently associated with the supply of drugs such as knife crime. Therefore there is an argument that you can't be a user and deny any responsibility for the problems linked to drug dealing. Apologies if my first post did not make this clearer.
6
6
On Wed 9 Oct at 7:07pm Hyena wrote:
County line gangs generally deal heroin , cocaine and crack cocaine, rarely cannabis.
7
10
On Wed 9 Oct at 11:25pm Tom Pain wrote:
Oh no, it's greenwaste again but I suppose it's people like him that made me realise that cannabis had nothing to offer but being a sedative that made it easier to put up with the kind of brainwashed platitudes that he comes out with. So thanks greenie. And all you young minds out there..... You don't need it! It's all between your ears already. Drugs are just a business.
6
4
On Thu 10 Oct at 10:56am Nevillman wrote:
Even by your standards that is a pathetic post Tom. Looks like you've succeeded in stopping yet another thread.
2
2
On Thu 10 Oct at 1:56pm LamDan wrote:
It is very true that County Line Gangs predominately deal in Heroin, Cocaine and Crack Cocaine. There most lucrative market is Crack Cocaine because it can easily be adulterated with other substances thus increasing margin and maximising profit. Most County Line dealing operations start with dealing softer drugs such as Cannabis to establish a customer base on which to ramp up activity and establish a more lucrative (for the dealers) trade in Harder Drugs. If Cannabis usage is growing in Lewes there is the potential for an increase in the supply and use of harder drugs like Crack Cocaine.
4
5
On Thu 10 Oct at 5:11pm Nevillman wrote:
I can find no evidence to support the theory of cannabis as a gateway drug at all. If it was true it would be another reason to legalise it anyway.
4
6
On Thu 10 Oct at 5:18pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I laughed quite hard at Tom Pains diatribe post. Then again, I was blazed.
1
2
On Fri 11 Oct at 9:50pm southstreetman wrote:
not even to mention cannabis induced suggma, extremely prevelent in young brains!
3
3
On Sat 12 Oct at 10:20am Green Sleeves wrote:
"cannabis induced suggma", that's a new one for me and I consider myself reasonably well informed when it comes to all things good and bad about Mary Jane.

What should I do if I get this suggma attack?
1
2
On Sat 12 Oct at 12:41pm southstreetman wrote:
suggma balls
4
 
On Sat 12 Oct at 6:42pm Nevillman wrote:
Just looked it up and it would appear to be urban slang of the type we kids get down with. Makes no sense at all in this context.


8 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes inferno 73:143
Lewes inferno

Haven't they got to put two more floors on top yet, so I suppose that's about right. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa