Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

dogs stolen

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:18pm juju wrote:
please read this and pass the info on.
We have received very worrying news today that there appears to be a dog stealing gang working in the South of England and 5 Ridgebacks have recently been stolen from Sussex.
3 bitches were stolen from a farm in Bolney at around 4.30 in the afternoon, a male Ridgeback is missing from Lewes, and the Dog Warden in Sussex says that another was stolen from Burgess Hill.
Can you all please circulate this information and, those in the Sussex area, can you please advise all the locals vets, rescue centres etc. in the hope that these dogs can be found and returned to their rightful homes as soon as possible.
If you have any information regarding these missing dogs then please contact us.
Many thanks and keep all your dogs safe

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:45pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Thanks Juju. I've passed that on to some dog-related fortums I'm on.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:54pm Dave wrote:
How much is a Ridgeback worth?

On 12 Jan 2010 at 2:59pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Priceless to the owner, very little to anyone else. Even if they use them for breeding, they won't get much for the puppies as they won't be able to register them with the Kennel Club. Unregistered pups sell for a fraction of the price of registered ones.

On 12 Jan 2010 at 3:25pm juju wrote:
I am sure they have been stolen for breeding but not for the sale to kind caring people, they may end up being cross bred and used for fighting. Annette, i would be intrested in the forums you use and your conection with the dog world.

On 15 Jan 2010 at 10:50am juju wrote:
Have just heard that these dogs have most likely been stolen to cross breed with grey hounds, I am told that these are then used for hunting deer.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Mount Caburn 92:132
Mount Caburn

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde