Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

dinner and dance

On 31 Jan 2013 at 2:38pm harry wrote:
Can anyone tell me why csbs canceled there dinner and dance last week ?
On 31 Jan 2013 at 3:02pm Snow Queen wrote:
I expect through lack of support. I am a commercial member and would love to go but it is at the wrong time of year for most, who has got £70 + to pay out before Christmas?Why don't they hold a summer ball when people have more money and are not getting over Christmas.
On 31 Jan 2013 at 7:31pm Buzzbee wrote:
I herd it was that due to modernisation they couldn't get the totem pole through the doors and into the town hall.
On 31 Jan 2013 at 9:45pm Csbs wrote:
Actually it's moved to a different date . That's all , Harry are you a member or just a nosey burger ?
On 1 Feb 2013 at 1:37pm harry wrote:
I am a member thanks for asking csbs. can you tell me what the new date is because i asked a committee member and he said he does not no anything about a new date ? Or did i miss it last weekend at the pelham house ?
On 1 Feb 2013 at 5:28pm Csbs wrote:
No you haven't missed anything , I believe that was waterloos dinner at Pelham house last week . Obviously you are a trouble making troll or not very bright, as if it was moved to a new date that wouldn't have been last week would it , new date not released yet as not confirmed , it was postponed to a later date read your newsletter for info or air your laundry on here to you me old china

On 2 Feb 2013 at 2:25pm Ice maiden wrote:
Snow queen I wouldn't have £70 + in the summer as I'm going on holiday , budget ,budget ,budget , also you used the phrase "why don't they "interesting !

On 4 Feb 2013 at 12:22am Member wrote:
They = Committee. Common description in all Societies.

On 4 Feb 2013 at 6:24am Pete wrote:
Not to be confused with THEM, who can easily be recognised by their green, scaly skin......

On 4 Feb 2013 at 4:58pm dfl wrote:
Cant afford £70 ?? Seriously , you need to look at getting better jobs.

On 4 Feb 2013 at 10:43pm v.c. wrote:
When is a good time?
It shouldn't be a Them and US situation or is it a "Them that do all the work" and "Us who sit back and reap the rewards"?
The annual dinner is always held at the same time each year - why is it so difficult to save for it during the rest of the year, it only works out at £2.70 per month less than a pint of beer! Maybe we could ask "them" for a savings club for the dinner.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle Penny 62:132
Lewes Castle Penny

Hello

Lewes is beautiful and I have been considering moving there for a while. I am now thinking of buying a place on Friars... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum
Jim