Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

deliveries will it be good

On 25 May 2009 at 2:51am Norris wrote:
Hi
I am thinking of starting a delivery business that would deliver food from any resturant in lewes in lewes for a pound. I am thinking of this because anyone who wants some favorite food from a resurant cant get it at home and many resturants only offer take aways. I wonder if this is a good idea. please give me some feed back.

On 25 May 2009 at 8:30am lord landport wrote:
I spoke to a friend about this same subject ? where he comes from Guilford way - There is a delivery firm who collect food from restaurants and delivery hot to your door it works because the Wife might want Pizza dad wants Curry
little Johnny McDonalds and his Sister KFC all delivered to your door.
don't think it would work for £1 though great if you can pull it off
The question is when did you last turn up for food as a take away and it was ready and waiting ? so for 1 you'd drive to say spice merchant wait ten mins then drive all the way to bottom of landport ? can't see it working?
who's responsible when the order is wrong and your on your next delivery when the previous customer is moaning at you to go collect an extra popadom ?
Also don't forget TAX, commercial insurance on car/van these all need to be accounted for?
sorry not trying to be negative but point out a few flaws that I can see?
If you do manage it for a 1 post your number asap I'll be your first customer.
ps think most taxi firms already offer this service for the cost of the taxi?

Good luck

On 26 May 2009 at 7:53pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
It sounds like a lot of work for very little money. You could be earning well below the minimum wage. I suspect you're hoping that if you have several orders on the go at once, it will make money, but I can't see it working.

On the plus side, the start-up costs are minimal so you've got nothing to lose if you give it a go.

On 29 May 2009 at 3:15pm norris wrote:
would it be good if i charge 1 pound for each resturant i go, Is that fair enough, That means if i go for a delivery to say lamport from two resturants say spice merchant and charcoal grill and i charge 2 pounds is that ok

On 29 May 2009 at 5:03pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'd certainly use the service if it was that cheap.
Will all the restaurants accept card payments over the phone though?

On 29 May 2009 at 5:51pm Onlooker wrote:
Everytime I have used a takeaway and had a delivery they insisted on a cheque.One even made me write my card number on the back,as well as name and address....I did it,(I was hungry) and asked if this was normal and was told it was....

On 3 Jun 2009 at 2:42pm norris wrote:
Most restaurants don't accept cards on phone, they expect the card no behind the cheques. I am planning to start this business at the service rate of 1 pounds per delivery per restaurant with a small tip to the driver. I may start it soon. The order could be placed at the restaurant or to us (the delivery guys with the restaurant name) for orders placed through us only cash will be accepted. The delivery would be delivered in 45 min to 1 hr.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

'Look at me' mourning of people the mourners had never met really took off in 1997. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like All the wide open spaces on the downs
Jojo