Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

council

On 6 Jan 2010 at 10:40am true grit wrote:
Some one in the council need to be sacked . ROADS NOT GRITED AGAIN .Last time we had snow i phoned the council and said i would grit the hill where i live . The reply ok we will bring some grit out .Still waiting like lots of you are

On 6 Jan 2010 at 11:17am Garry Gritter wrote:
A27 and M27 worst affected in WHOLE COUNTRY. Gues who's responsible for the East Sussex stretch of the A27?

On 6 Jan 2010 at 11:20am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
According to today's Guardian, West Sussex are distributing 100 bins, each containing 1.5 tonnes of road salt, at strategic points across the county. If they can do it, why can't ESCC? Useless twunts.
I believe the council tax is lower in W Sussex too.

On 6 Jan 2010 at 11:56am wanderer wrote:
A27 is highways agency no escc

On 6 Jan 2010 at 5:47pm foootballforeman2007 wrote:
A friend in the pells area called ESCC to ask why the pavements and side streets have not been gritted thus aiding the council tax paying residents of Lewes to safely try go about their business. reply was it was not their Policy to Grit pavements or side streets only main trunk roads, when asked who sets the policy the answer was your county councilors. So blame the people you voted for, pester them and vote for someone different who'll spend our money with a little more thought! Or just give up and enjoy the snow!

On 6 Jan 2010 at 7:35pm SAR wrote:
That would be Cllr Rosalyn St Pierre and her fab connections to ESCC Highways! Is her road in Barcombe cleared?

On 6 Jan 2010 at 8:58pm Down and Out wrote:
Blah blah, moan, whine.
On roads: Market St into Little East Street was gritted three times during the night. I know this because the lights on the gritter woke me up. However it was still impassable at 9am this morning - because of the continuing snowfall - and idiots in cars were sliding all over the place. What are ESCC supposed to do? Have a team of men on every road in the county? Don't bloody expect to drive everywhere is the answer!
On pavements: I was talking to an American fella over Xmas. In the northern state where he hails from, you get fined for failing to clear the sidewalk in front of your property within 24 hours of snowfall. That's how it should be. Stop expecting the state to wipe your ar*es for you and get out and contribute.

On 6 Jan 2010 at 9:19pm devil wrote:
to down and out gypsy spell on u

On 7 Jan 2010 at 12:33am SG wrote:
*applause*
I saw quite a few gritters out in Lewes this morning. It won't work as a solution if it's still snowing, you've just got to make allowances and take it slowly out there.

On 7 Jan 2010 at 10:14am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They gritted Mount Harry Road yesterday afternoon, but the buses still won't be running round the Nevill as they couldn't get up beyond Hamsey Crescent/East Way and had to reverse back down again.
Shortly afterwards, a car tried to get up the hill and still couldn't get anywhere.
I've got an appointment at Haywards Heath hospital tomorrow and I can't work out how best to get there - taxis and trains or bus.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa