Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

comedian

On 10 Jul 2011 at 6:37pm jrsussex wrote:
I have a nephew coming over from New Zealand to try his luck at establishing himself as a comedian. He has already done a bit in NZ and apparently goes down quite well over there (pardon the terminology). You can have a look at him on youtube, put in comedy, then Shaun Howes. It's only a 6 minute spot from 2010 but I'd like to hear your views on his stand-up, which incidentally was his first attempt live.
He comes from Wellington and was in the first Lord of the Rings film playing one of the Hobbits. Also if you know of any any comedy clubs, or similar venues he could try to get in to I would appreciate it. Your views on him as a comediam would also be appreciated.

On 11 Jul 2011 at 6:01am Up for a laugh wrote:
Savanahahaha - a monthly comedy showcase at Savanah in Haywards Heath always looking for local comedians

On 11 Jul 2011 at 6:59am Rookie wrote:
Komedia in Brighton.

On 11 Jul 2011 at 8:56am Ratty wrote:
He could try Barnstormerscomedy.com They are based in Seaford & put on shows all over the south east, including Worthing, Shoreham, & Crawley. Good luck!

On 11 Jul 2011 at 9:27am Chuckles wrote:
+1 for Komedia, they even do comedy masterclasses

On 11 Jul 2011 at 9:33am jrsussex wrote:
Thank you all for that information, I'm sure he will find it useful. Did anybody watch his stand-up spot. I'm just interested in whether people think he is any good.

On 11 Jul 2011 at 10:47am Chuckles wrote:
Found the video, raised a wry smile or two. Not sure Monday morning feeling poorly stuck in a hot office is the best time to appreciate comedy but can see he has some talent there for jokes, telling a story and timing. Would happily pay to see him as part of a Friday night line up at Komedia / 3and10 etc

On 11 Jul 2011 at 12:01pm Clifford wrote:
He made me laugh - which is the only real test. And first time live? Impressive. He had good control over the audience, which obviously liked him.

On 11 Jul 2011 at 4:24pm Red Ken wrote:
Try Conservative Party Headquarters. Should fit in well with all the comedians and clowns there.

On 11 Jul 2011 at 8:39pm jrsussex wrote:
Thank you, I'm grateful.

On 13 Jul 2011 at 8:46am jrsussex wrote:
My nephew has viewed your comments and has asked me to thank you for your positive attitude. He looks forward to his time in the UK.

On 13 Jul 2011 at 10:42am Ratty wrote:
From that youtube clip he's a funny guy and deserves to do well. Please let us know on here if he gets a gig locallly

On 13 Jul 2011 at 6:27pm jrsussex wrote:
Thanks Ratty, I will most certainly do that.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Buskers in Lewes 17:143
Buskers in Lewes

I'm very happy for you then. How are you going to use it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde